Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No Sky BB, no broadband at all, completely stuck!

This is a discussion on No Sky BB, no broadband at all, completely stuck! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I've been browsing this forum for over a week now and I'm hoping somebody here can help me because ...

Luke Redpath Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

No Sky BB, no broadband at all, completely stuck!

Hi, I've been browsing this forum for over a week now and I'm hoping somebody here can help me because Sky and BT certainly can't!

My original Sky BB activation date was 11th September. I logged into BT's online order tracker which had the LLU PROVIDE and IPSTREAM CEASE orders, both of which were "in progress".

Come the 11th September...nothing. I checked the BT order tracker and it was still saying "in progress" for the CEASE, but the PROVIDE now said:

"Status not known, please contact us for more information"

I tried contacting BT by email, explaining the situation and asking for information on the orders. I got a reply, asking for the order numbers and was told that they would "track them promptly". I emailed back the order numbers but never received another reply.

My old ISP (Zen) continued to work up until the 15th at which point it disconnected (and the CEASE order on the BT tracker showed as COMPLETED).

I rang Sky and was told the usual story...there is a delay at BT's end and that they don't work on weekends. See what happens on Monday (Monday just gone) and if it isn't up and running by Tuesday give us a call back.

Monday comes and still no Sky BB. Its worth mentioning at this point that all of the lights on the router do light up correctly - I have a solid green internet light. However if I log into the router admin and look at the logs, it keeps on trying every couple of minutes to connect and failing with "LCP Down", and the Sky Test returns a 300 error code.

On Tuesday I rang up Sky again and asked for an explanation. I was told that they would have to "escalate" the situation and that somebody would call me back. The person wouldn't commit to a date when I would be called back and when asked when the latest date I should expect a call back would be, he said "Friday" (which he seemed to just pluck from the air).

Also on the Tuesday, I tried getting through to BT to see if I could get more information, without any luck. I'd tried calling BT on the Monday and got through to their indian call-centre customer service team and was told that they couldn't get any information on my order and that I should try BT Wholesale - the guy gave me a number for them.

So on the Tuesday I rang BT Wholesale and was told that they could not speak to me directly (he mentioned something about OFCOM regulations) and that they would only deal with Sky directly. So I tried ringing BT customer services again the same day and the guy wasn't able to get any information on the order (he said he couldn't see anything on my account), so in the end he gave up and transferred me to another department. I think I ended up getting put through to BT Retail where I spoke to a rude, condescending, patronising little s**t who spoke to me like a child ("This is BT Broadband sir, not Sky Broadband") and wouldn't listen to a word I said - he basically told me to get stuffed.

Which leads me to today; I tried calling Sky again and still they couldn't tell me anything other than that the provision is "in progress" and that they could see it had been escalated but they still had no information back from provisioning. I asked if she could speak to somebody higher and after putting me on hold she said there was nothing they could do. I asked if I could speak to provisioning and she said that they weren't customer facing and she couldn't transfer me anyway - they only speak to provisioning via email. I asked her to put a note on my account saying that if they didn't call me back within 24 hours, I would consider cancelling the whole thing.

So now I'm at a complete loss. I'm having to log on using GPRS to post this (expensive) and its completely messing up my week. I was supposed to be working from home this week as we've just moved offices and we haven't had our work BB activated yet, so I'm completely stuffed, with nobody to speak to! Any help is really appreciated.

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site Luke

Please do register with us we don't bite honest and it will make life a lot easier for people to follow your posts thanks.

I had the same problem when mine went live on the 12th I called SkyBB and spoke to Tech Support and explained what was happening and they said they would pass it over to previsioning for them to action it and sure enough about an hour later I was up and running, it would seem that though BT had completed the work they had failed to update the database and inform SkyBB that the work was complete.

So go call them you should get more or less straight through.

Good luck
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Luke Redpath Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Hi Wheelie, thanks for the reply.

I've just rung technical support and the guy agreed that as well as the possibility of my line still needing activation, that it could be activated but BT have not updated their systems. He's putting me through to provisioning (despite being told by the order status team earlier that they weren't "customer facing"). I'm currently on hold...fingers crossed!
      Last edited by Wheelie; 20-09-06 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Please do not quote the preceding post. Please use QUOTE sparingly if you wish to aim a reply at a user then please use @User Name this helps us to keep the forum tidy and posts more compact. Thanks

Unregistered Mark Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Quote Originally Posted by Luke Redpath View Post
      I'm currently on hold...fingers crossed!
      Hope you have a comfortable chair!!!

Luke Redpath Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      OK, I got through to what I assume was provisioning. The lady was more helpful than anybody else I've spoken to and she listened to everything I had to say but ultimately all she could see was that there didn't appear to be any problems with my line and that it was definately still "in progress". She said she would pass my details on to her manager and see if he could hurry things along. Again, I'm not holding my breath but she didn't seem a bit more positive and did say that her manager should call me back by tomorrow. Back to waiting...

Luke Redpath Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Also, is it normal for the green internet light (the i) on the router to be lit even though my line is supposedly not yet activated? I've read many posts from people saying they had no green internet light until they were activated.

Unregistered Mark Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      My green internet line has been on for about a week.

Still no BB though!
      Last edited by SatDish; 20-09-06 at 05:27 PM. Reason: no need to quote post above

Unregistered Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Angry Ade P

I received an initial letter on 31st August advising my new account would be active on 12th September. Sure enough my previous service stopped working on 11th September, but the Sky service did not go active on 12th. I telephoned their technical support team, only to be kept on hold for half an hour. when I eventually managed to speak to someone they weren't interested, and simply said there could be a backlog.

On 14th Sept my connection was up and running, and was fine for 3 days. Since Sunday 17th however, I have had no connection. I phoned their technical support team again on the 17th, was put on hold for half an hour, eventually got through to a call centre which I can only assume is in India, as the man I spoke to couldn't understand what I was saying, and a lot of the time wasn't listening to me, and was speaking over me. We went round in circles for 20 minutes trying procedures with the equipment which didn't work, then he told me I'd have to be put through to the activations department, at which point I was cut off.

I had calmed down enough the next day and decided to call again. A further 30 minutes on hold until I spoke to someone I assume was in India, who again told me I'd need to speak to activations department, this time I was put through. The activations department however could not help me as their system hadnt been updated and told me I need the technical team, that I had just been speaking too!!! I hung up this time.

I decided to call again a couple of days later (3rd time lucky?) and again was on hold for at least 20 minutes, but this time a Scottish lady spoke to me, and after a few minutes told me there was an issue at the exchange and no-one in my area could connect. she then said it will take at least a week to sort out.

Wish I'd stayed with Orange !

tuffjam is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: High Wycombe
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Luke Redpath View Post
      Also, is it normal for the green internet light (the i) on the router to be lit even though my line is supposedly not yet activated? I've read many posts from people saying they had no green internet light until they were activated.
      Luke, I'm you're situation is an exact mirror of my own. I spent nearly 2 hours on the phone to Sky yesterday and I was promised a call back today by the UK Operations Manager. And guess what....no call. Doing my head in now.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well if the green internet light (i) is on then its definitely connected to a DSlam at the exchange the only question is what one Easynet or BT and if it is on the Easynet DSlams have they put it on the correct circuit?

A hell of a lot of questions now it would be nice to get some answers.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast