Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

At the end of my teather...

This is a discussion on At the end of my teather... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I've had the 3 for 26 package (tv, phone & BB ) for about 10 or so months. From the ...

hatingthismoment is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01923
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:

Angry At the end of my teather...

I've had the 3 for 26 package (tv, phone &BB) for about 10 or so months. From the very start i've had nothing but problems with the connection. I have to re-boot the Netgear box at least 10 times a day (for 10 months). I'll be lucky to type this without having to re-boot the router at least once. I have phoned sky constantly and nothing has been done. I had BT out to check the line, socket etc and they can find no problem.
      Since then, a noise has developed on the line. Its gotten so bad that I have to shout when on the phone as sounds like i'm whispering because of the noise.
      I have told sky this and they told me to change the beloved microfilter. Done. No change.
      If I take the microfilter out and connect my telephone directly into the BT wall socket, the line is clear.
      I am on my second netgear box and it has made no difference. I was with NTL previously to this and the problems I had with them were nothing compared to this. Who can I contact to get it fixed for good? This is now far far far beyond a joke. I NEED IT SORTED!! & NO ONE AT BLOODY SKY WILL HELP!

I did have to reboot half way through typing this. How annoying!! I need some serious action taken!! Who can I report these jokers to?? I'm thinking Watchdog....

2. Advertisement
      jdsimp1234 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SWBNP - Bridgend .South Wales
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Bridgend South Wales area

Re: At the end of my teather...

I would get hold of BT myself, have you tried connecting a filter to the test socket inside your main telephone socket? if it's happening to just the socket faceplate, then you need to buy a new faceplate & holder & a wire connector/plier, if it is happening with the test socket aswell, then I would strongly get hold of BT, as it could be a line problem then. Try your filters at someone elses house, if you get same problem, then it is a filter problem.

Connect your filter to main test socket, and then connect your house phone to filter, then try phoning someone, if they hear any noise, or you have to shout to talk to them, then report a line fault to BT, 151/154/171 i think is to report a line fault, i maybe wropng i dunno. report the line fault with youre filter in, other wise they won't believe you, or think your lieing.

Or even ask Sky, nicely to send a BT guy out to you.
      Last edited by jdsimp1234; 17-04-08 at 11:29 AM.

Monday is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWHAY
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Blog Entries

First off if you havent updated the FW for your white router do it here it will sort out the disconnetion problems u are having.

Sky User - Unofficial Help and Support for Sky Broadband and everything Sky! - How to update your Sky Netgear V1 Router with the new FW

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Central Scotland
      Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,586 Posts

You are not running through two filters are you? You would not be the first to make this mistake. Alternatively does your master socket have an ADSL faceplate, where using an extension with a filter plugged in would have the same result. Plugging into the TEST socket is the only way you will find out for sure what is wrong.

It is a pity you did not post on the forum months ago, you problem would probably be over

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.