Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Can anybody ps tell me CST tel number?

This is a discussion on Can anybody ps tell me CST tel number? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by PaulSky Tier 1 is not trained in or have been told to support max delay requests. If ...

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Can anybody ps tell me CST tel number?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSky View Post
      Tier 1 is not trained in or have been told to support max delay requests. If you want that done you have to use the contact us E-Form on sky.com contact us page. You will get nowhere calling tech support as Sky has not told them anything about it.
      Not true. Tier 1 have been informed. All Dunfermline based advisors are aware of Max Delays and the effect on gaming, which means more than half of the tier 1 employees know of it. The callcentres in the phillipines have definetly been informed of this and so have ireland. Whether they can be bothered sorting it is another matter.

the reason it appears that tier 1 dont know of this wonderful feature is that the outsorcers get calls first, and only when their grade of service is below a certain point do calls get routed to dunfermline. I can assure you that all tier 1 knows this process, its just that the turnaround for employees at the outsourcers is high and they dont care about it. Plus, Ireland CST are useless and dont want to do any work. Seriously, there have been so many times when I've tried to pass people through where they just refuse to take the call, or they say they arent allowed to adjust Max Delays.

But back to the point, All tier 1 are aware of Max Delays and High ping times, and know exactly how to deal with it. It just depends where you get through to as to who can be bothered dealing with it.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Right hand, left hand, springs to mind, maybe some day Sky will get their in-house training sorted

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by indefatigable View Post
      But back to the point, All tier 1 are aware of Max Delays and High ping times, and know exactly how to deal with it. It just depends where you get through to as to who can be bothered dealing with it.
      I can assure you that not ALL Tier 1 agents have been informed or trained in this. I will however be happy to ask my TL next time I'm on to find out why you are so adamant that we know something that we don't.

wannabgeek is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Clacton-on-sea
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

I finally got a email to tell me that my max delays have been lowered. PS3 online is a lot lot better, but it does time out now and then, my Ping and up/down loading is Brilliant!! (below)....But my web pages are taken a while to load which is bearable. Below ive included before and after Router stats, taken on master with router 1 ft away, no extensions, orange wire removed. Slightly concerned though as my upload noise ratio has lowered somewhat and my download is only slightly higher, is this good or bad thing? Many thanks for your help!
      [*]after Max delay adjustments[/LIST]

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
      WAN PPPoA 889 1174 0 643 5087 00:03:59
      LAN 100M/Full 104379 66409 0 1493 116 20:25:55
      WLAN 11M/54M 0 0 0 0 0 00:00:00
      ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 11890 kbps 765 kbps
      Line Attenuation 35 db 9 db
      Noise Margin 8 db 7 db
      [LIST]
      [*]Before max delay adjustments

System Up Time: 00:04:16
      Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
      WAN PPPoA 57 57 0 31 282 00:02:39
      LAN 100M/Full 339 252 0 796 131 00:04:12
      WLAN 11M/54M 43 0 0 54 0 00:03:58
      ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 12551 kbps 764 kbps
      Line Attenuation 35 db 9 db
      Noise Margin 5 db 12 db

Jolt.co.uk Minimum = 21ms, Maximum = 22ms, Average = 21ms
      BBC.co.uk Minimum = 21ms, Maximum = 22ms, Average = 21ms
      Last edited by wannabgeek; 26-04-08 at 11:45 AM.
      1.16 direct from Clacton-on-sea,s Holland Rd Exchange
      [1.61 Road]

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSky View Post
      I can assure you that not ALL Tier 1 agents have been informed or trained in this. I will however be happy to ask my TL next time I'm on to find out why you are so adamant that we know something that we don't.
      i know its true because when it was first introduced, there was an email from one of the CST Team leaders sent out to All Broadband tech advisors informing them of this. I think I still have the email, and if i dont, someone in my team will. If you dont know about it, then you either havent been reading your emails, or you joined after this was introduced and someone ballsed up your training. But check with your T/L, its their responsibility to let you know about these things, and if they haven't then your not to blame.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

We have checked with our TLs, they have checked with their superiors and as yet we have still to be told that we are to handle max delay calls. Just because something was started it does not mean it still occurs. As of this moment no member of Tier 1 tech support within the 80+ agents trained within our outsource group over the last 6 months are being told anything about max delay. This is not a balls up in training but down to the requirements given to our trainers by Sky.
      Sky has not asked for max delay information to be given, Sky has not asked our agents to be trained to handle customer calls relating to max delay therefor the fault is not our training group, team leaders or support team but with Sky for either not passing this information through or for not specifying the same training requirement across all departments.

petebelfast is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NIGGY
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Pauls right, a lot of our T1 guys dont know what the max delays are because Sky themselves havent briefed it out as pat of the training for them yet. However if you are looking them reduced we can only do this for people on the Base, Mid or Max packages, we have no access to the for the Connect package.

petebelfast is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NIGGY
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I just noticed a post up the top concerning CST in Belfast. As far as I m aware we have never rejected a call concerning Max delays as it is a case of changing a dropdown menu and takes all of a minute. If you ever do come across a call like this please be sure to take the agents ID and get your TL to email it through to Belfast so it can be chased up

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Print this thread off...

Sky Have Listened To The Gamers

That was the email that got sent out, and forwarded to us ages ago.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I think the problem is with T1, after they get to CST I don't think anyone has a problem. The email looks as if it is directed at the then Tier 3, but it is in getting past T1 that the problem arises. Some of the T1 agents seem to know about passing the request on, others don't. Maybe if Sky had advised their T1 of this there would be no problem. We all know how restricted T1 agents are in what they can and can't do. I am sure if I was in their position, I would not be too keen on doing something which could possibly get me fired.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast