Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Colour Ports on the Sagem

This is a discussion on Colour Ports on the Sagem within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I am currently with Virgin Media and am in the process of switching to Sky Broadband (Max). My Sagem Router ...

fl0r15t is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Oxford
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Colour Ports on the Sagem

I am currently with Virgin Media and am in the process of switching to Sky Broadband (Max). My Sagem Router has arrived and the line is apparently going to be converted on Friday. Couple of questions:

What's the deal with the colour coded ports? Presumably they have just disabled the two blue/green ports in the firmware? So both the yellow ones will be active? I have a switch with three fixed PCs connected I wanted to connect to one port and my Xbox 360 to the other. Presumably that will be OK!?

My activation is on "Friday 18th", does this mean on minute past midnight on Friday morning (Thursday night) or does is mean anytime during the day (presumably there is a WAN light on the router?). There's no real rush as I haven't even given notice to stop my cable yet but I wanted to get it training asap.

Cheers for any help

Andy

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Colour Ports on the Sagem

All four ports on the router are active, the manual is incorrect in this respect. The thinking is that they were for future connection to TV boxes or such like. This is not now the case.

You will be switched on a few hours before or up to three days after your connection date. Unless you are on Connect, there is no training period, your router will sync with the exchange with it's best speed, a few minutes after you connect it.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

fl0r15t is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Oxford
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      All four ports on the router are active, the manual is incorrect in this respect. The thinking is that they were for future connection to TV boxes or such like. This is not now the case.
      Coolio.

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme
      You will be switched on a few hours before or up to three days after your connection date.
      Three days after! I must have missed that! That blows!

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme
      Unless you are on Connect, there is no training period, your router will sync with the exchange with it's best speed, a few minutes after you connect it.
      Excellent, thank you.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Three days after! I must have missed that! That blows!
      You are usually informed of this, but it is just a safety net in case something goes wrong, most are connected on the date given, sometimes even before the date.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.