Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Max delay? changed now I got my connection workin properly :)

This is a discussion on Max delay? changed now I got my connection workin properly :) within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Following on from my post further down, now I have my connection back to what it was after bt messed ...

tobys550 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Max delay? changed now I got my connection workin properly :)

Following on from my post further down, now I have my connection back to what it was after bt messed the line up to my house, I knew sky was going to be phoning back afer 24hrs to see if BT had sorted it. Someone rang this afternoon. A nice young lady rang me and I told her all was fine. I asked her if she could reduce my ping times....she did'nt really understand what I ment until I said reduce max delay to 8....then she was like oh yeah no prob, she did it right away. My pings have gone from high 80's low 90's to low 40's!!! brilliant.

Now here is my question....What exactly is Max delay? . I'm guessing its something to do with the time a packet or something is delayed before it is sent? Apparently the standard sky max delay is 32....I asked her. Can anyone answer this for me. Thanks.
      Last edited by tobys550; 16-04-08 at 03:59 PM.

2. Advertisement