Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Netgear dg934g disconnects

This is a discussion on Netgear dg934g disconnects within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by keane16 I think i better try this tomorrow then & see what happens thanks mate. By the ...

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:

Re: Netgear dg934g disconnects

Quote Originally Posted by keane16 View Post
      I think i better try this tomorrow then & see what happens thanks mate.

By the way i have a cordless phone next to my router. Could this interfere? I've heard about changing channels but how can you tell if something interferes?

Also will i get a better wireless signal if i move the router upstairs? My laptop & xbox360 are used in different rooms downstairs most of the time so i thought being upstairs the signal might transmit better?

For test purpose's its best to use the ethernet connection rather than wireless to verify whether the problem is your router dropping the connection with the exchange or a wireless issue or both. Obviously if the connection with the exchange is being dropped then this will effect wireless and ethernet.
      Your router should be as close to the BT master socket as possible, so thats probably on the ground floor, and not plugged in via any of these cheap crappy diy extension leads. Plugged direct into the master socket is best. Or the test socket to disconnect any hard wired extensions for test purposes. Also it will work best if it is on the same floor as your devices, too high above the devices and you will start to loose signal. Yes digital phones can effect the wireless signal so the phone base station and router should be as far away from each other as poss. Interference will normally result in reduced speed disconnections and low signal level which should show on yor wireless icon on your computer or what ever.

2. Advertisement
      rob.hastings is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:

Re: Netgear dg934g disconnects

Have you got the latest software for the wireless adapter. If you are checking go to the manufacturer's website and not through "check for latest software" when you go into the adapter properties settings. I had this problem with my intel adapter, when I clicked on the adapter properties settings and clicked on check for latest, it always came back latest software installed. However, I went to the Intel website and they had a latest update specifically for VISTA. I do not get any disconnections any more. good luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12