Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

netgear DG934G sync speed

This is a discussion on netgear DG934G sync speed within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi ive had sky MID broadband for 2 weeks now and during the day everyday the router is connected at ...

rocket12 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: slough main
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

netgear DG934G sync speed

Hi ive had sky MID broadband for 2 weeks now and during the day everyday the router is connected at 6120kbps and i get speeds of over 5mb, but at around 7pm the orange light on the router comes on and the internet connection is lost and reconnects after a minute at around 5400kbps, and then futher in the evening the same happens and it is around the speed 4800kbps. I will post my current stats which are:
      ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 4800 kbps 384 kbps
      Line Attenuation 44 db 12 db
      Noise Margin 1 db 13 db

I know there is a way of syncing the old sky router so the speed does not change is there anyway of doing this for this router. I reboot the router in the morning and the speed increases back up to 6120kbps.

thanks
      Last edited by rocket12; 15-04-08 at 10:56 PM.

2. Advertisement
      tobys550 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: netgear DG934G sync speed

Quote Originally Posted by rocket12 View Post
      quote removed as it is right above

Hi there, im no pro on this stuff by no means.....But from looking at your stats I would say its because of your extremely low noise margin of 1db. My older dg834n will hold on right down past 1db, but most will loose the connection. As the evening approaches your noise margin will decrease due to interferance, which I guess is why you are getting drop outs.

Someone please correct me if im wrong, Im still trying to learn this stuff myself.
      Last edited by richone54; 16-04-08 at 12:47 AM.

richone54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: watford
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: netgear DG934G sync speed

the way to "lock" your router is to reboot in the evening,
      looks like your router may be doing this for you and giving you the low connection

what you may want to look at is your internal wiring (have alook in the cabling and faceplate forum), as most of the time it is extention leads/sockets that are the problem

the quickest way to test is by doing a comparison using the "test" for the evening and see if you still get the same problems (see first link in my sig for the test socket)