Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Download Speed Dropped?

This is a discussion on Download Speed Dropped? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well today my download speed has gone ridiculously low. Before today i ised to download things at about 100 - ...

Topkidben is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Thurnby - EMTHRNB
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Download Speed Dropped?

Well today my download speed has gone ridiculously low. Before today i ised to download things at about 100 - 300 kB/s but today i am downloading things at a rate of 0.5 kB/s what has gone wrong?

Syncing at about 3400kbps and used to sync at about 4000 - 5000 kbps and Noise Margin has rocketed up to around 8 - 9.5db.

But internet pages still load up fast.
      Last edited by Topkidben; 13-04-08 at 02:20 PM.

2. Advertisement
      sellik67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: inverkeithing
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Download Speed Dropped?

I'm having the same here with utorrrent, I normally can download at speeds of over 700kb but from Friday I have struggled to get over 60kb I have reset my netgear router (non-sky) a few times , went into the router page disconnected & reconnected a few times and had it going fast last night but came down this morning it was crawling again, did the same as last night to get it back to full speed then went out for a couple of hours & it is now only able to get a maximum of 30kb?? I have tried again resetting the box & connecting, disconnecting to no avail?? any suggestions??

Quote Originally Posted by Topkidben View Post
      Well today my download speed has gone ridiculously low. Before today i ised to download things at about 100 - 300 kB/s but today i am downloading things at a rate of 0.5 kB/s what has gone wrong?

Syncing at about 3400kbps and used to sync at about 4000 - 5000 kbps and Noise Margin has rocketed up to around 8 - 9.5db.

But internet pages still load up fast.