Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

why does phone cut off my broaband

This is a discussion on why does phone cut off my broaband within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; i have a snr of about 13 every time the phone rings or i ring out it drops to 0 ...

hurcombe6 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: port talbot
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

why does phone cut off my broaband

i have a snr of about 13 every time the phone rings or i ring out it drops to 0 and cuts off the broadband,i have tried a adsl nation filter still the same
      any help please

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: why does phone cut off my broaband

If everything is filtered on your end then it may be a fault at exchange or on the socket wiring.

biss52 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01226
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Talking Re: why does phone cut off my broaband

hi i had the same problem it took 3 wks to sort it out,first contacted sky 3 or 4 time's got in touch with bt they said line was fine,there was a lot of noise on the line,then i got bt to come out,the problem was the out side wire was rubbing on the wall.so have your wiring checked mine is fine now wire has been renewed.good luck

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Yeah, if it's not a filter problem I'll stick my neck out and say it is wiring. Does this problem occur when using the test socket, a filter, and a wired phone? I know you say you have an ADSL filter, is it a faceplate one or not?
      If the fault is still there, is there any noise on the line (crackle pops that sort of thing) ?

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian69 View Post
      Yeah, if it's not a filter problem I'll stick my neck out and say it is wiring. Does this problem occur when using the test socket, a filter, and a wired phone? I know you say you have an ADSL filter, is it a faceplate one or not?
      If the fault is still there, is there any noise on the line (crackle pops that sort of thing) ?
      its not a faceplace one,i didnt want to get in trouble with bt again they charged me 99 to replace the box at the end of last year,i have tried a wired phone only a dect one,could it it be anything to do with me changing to sky bb on the 16th from aol the phone line sounds fine
      thanks

Thanks

Hi.
      You need to check the line with a wired phone, the router, and your filter at the test socket. I can understand you not wanting to involve BT untill you are certain it is not you kit. Do you mean you are going to Sky on the 16th, or you changed to Sky on the 16th?.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

If your Master has recently been replaced it should be an NTE5. Remove the faceplate by unscrewing the 2 screws and easing it off, then plug your router into the test socket behind it using a filter. This is quite legal, so you have nothing to worry about. If there is a wire connected to terminal 3 on the face plate, you can safely remove it as it is not required and can cause interference. Try the router there for a while and see how it goes. Any other extensions you have should not work with the faceplate off.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      If your Master has recently been replaced it should be an NTE5. Remove the faceplate by unscrewing the 2 screws and easing it off, then plug your router into the test socket behind it using a filter. This is quite legal, so you have nothing to worry about. If there is a wire connected to terminal 3 on the face plate, you can safely remove it as it is not required and can cause interference. Try the router there for a while and see how it goes. Any other extensions you have should not work with the faceplate off.
      no there is only 2 wires connected,only have one socket,no extensions,i have tried it in the test socket still the same,it does the same thing when the sky box dials out

Thanks

If you have checked at the test socket and the problem is still there, then you will have to contact your ISP and get them to inform BT. They (your ISP) will ask you to check at the test socket with a wired phone, and it is in your interest to do so because if BT find it is your kit, then you may get a bill.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian69 View Post
      Hi.
      You need to check the line with a wired phone, the router, and your filter at the test socket. I can understand you not wanting to involve BT untill you are certain it is not you kit. Do you mean you are going to Sky on the 16th, or you changed to Sky on the 16th?.
      tried a wired phone still does the same,i am changing to sky broadband on the 16th of this month,if there is a problem with my line i will have to get sky to contact bt if i ring them they will charge me,unless its a fault with the phone side

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast