Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

need advice

This is a discussion on need advice within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; im with sky mid at 10 amonth as we have sky+ we had 16meg back in july07 but that went ...

HELGHAST is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

need advice

im with sky mid at 10 amonth as we have sky+ we had 16meg back in july07 but that went as we changed numbers for security reasons. so were able to get upto 8meg now but are line is faulty and signal is low. with the line if we get a call on the home line or dial out we get cut off the internet. that were sorting out. but me mum might get rid of the phone as its too expensive so that means were lose the internet. so here's my questions if we do keep the line.

could i get these to improve the signal? Devolo 1154 at PC World - Buy cheap Powerline Home Networking - Devolo 1154 Homeplug High Speed Starter Kit

also if sky dont fix the line lower my max delays i might join virgin media BUT were the only house in the stree (20house's) that cant get the fibre optic internet everybody else can as i did the test. so could we get that sorted by gettin them to fix it? i dont want to leave sky but i will if i dont get the max delays done and them fix the line.

thanks in advance

2. Advertisement
      hellfire18 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: GARFORTH
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: need advice

The homeplugs are for home networking (basically it's like running an Ethernet connection through your Electric, very clever but won't make any difference). Also one would of assumed that for issues with your line you should contact BT who own the line and not Sky - also if you could get your Router stats out we might be able to figure out what is going wrong.

Chris.

HELGHAST is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: need advice

Quote Originally Posted by hellfire18 View Post
      The homeplugs are for home networking and won't improve connection, and one would of assumed that for issues with your line you should contact BT who own the line and not Sky - also if you could get your Router stats out we might be able to figure out what is going wrong.

Chris.
      oh just the routor in downstairs and thougt it'll make it bit better. as for the line we got get sky to do it as BT would charge us 130 becouse of labour and stuff. and if nothing wrong with it. even tho there is were still have to pay that. and they said to get sky to order a enginner for us. which im gona do now. and how do i get the routor stats? it was in somebodys sig but it didnt work for ages. give us the link and i'll post straight away