Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Whats the password for connection

This is a discussion on Whats the password for connection within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I received my router and activation date (today .. not holding my breath though !), and noticed that in all ...

Robs_27 Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Question Whats the password for connection

I received my router and activation date (today .. not holding my breath though !), and noticed that in all the correspondance i have received from sky they have only given me a user name, and no password. I notice on the router there are no settings for user name or password, so how do i actually connect to the service when the line finally gets activated ?

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site Robs_27

Please do register with us we don't bite honest and it will make life a lot easier for people to follow your posts thanks.

You have no need for a username or password in the router once you get connoted just push the Sky button thats at the bottom of the Router Status page and that is mean to tell the Sky system that you have connoted.

You will need the username and password to access http://www.skybroadband.com do you have an account on sky.com mysky if so that the password you need to use.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Andy_G is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EAROC
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      The username / password is hardcoded into the routers firmware which is why you have to use the sky netgear router.
      You should have had a username and password though as it's needed to login to your email.