Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Alternative sign-up method?

This is a discussion on Alternative sign-up method? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi - I've finally got my e-mail from Sky with the special code on so I can order (Connect though) ...

Stumpy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stainton
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: BT Home Hub
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

Alternative sign-up method?

Hi - I've finally got my e-mail from Sky with the special code on so I can order (Connect though) - but I can't get through!! I've spent hours and I'm assuming I'm in a queue (although I don't get any notification of where I am in that queue) - it's an expensive number and I'm spending a fortune ringing up, going through menus and holding for ages before giving up.

I tried the 0800 number someone mentioned on here - waited about half an hour, only to be told that they couldn't help and to ring the other number. I tried to use the "feedback" link on the bottom of their e-mail, but it just came up with a "page not found" error. THAT page had a feedback button on it, which came up with a form to fill in, but when you pressed "submit" it came back with another error message saying they were too busy.

After reading these forums, and others, I'm already wavering over the whole idea, but I'm currently with plusnet (booooo) who are making a complete hash of things and my thinking was that even spending a little more temporarily (hopefully) on the Connect service, plus a web host, is worth it to move from plusnet.

Considering I only have 21 days (well, 14 now) to sign up in, is there an alternative? Or is there a "best time" to ring? Or should I just let the whole thing lapse, wait until LLU is available (which they state "won't be for the next few months" - what does that mean anyway ?! Does that mean after a few months it WILL be available? ) and try to re-submit my registration?

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site Stumpy

I can tell you that the order line is open from 9am to 10pm

You could try going through the main Sky TV Customer Support route I have seen some people mention this. not sure how effective it will be but its worth a try.

Good luck
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Thanks

Thanks Wheelie - when I spoke to a lady on the 0800 number, she gave me the main Sky number to call as well, but when pressed she said that once I'd gone through all the menus I would still end up at the same place, so there didn't seem any point trying ... unless someone has a different experience?

Oh, and I rang this morning at 9.05 am - gave up at 9:45 am. So an awful lot of people must have rung in that 5 minutes before me!
      Last edited by Stumpy; 20-09-06 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Added

Tyland is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Maidstone, Kent
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Have you tried asking Easynet for the unbundle date. I have just received the same e-mail as you "a few months" but Easynet have already told me that my exchange is scheduled for 12th October.
      Not only does it mean that it is worth waiting but it also gives a bit more time for the apparent current shambles to improve!!!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site Tyland

Really thats interesting would you mind telling people how they go about doing that please.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Just an e-mail to enquiries@easynet.com with the name of the exchange produced a next day reply.
      Obviously I must have seen the suggestion on that other Forum!!!!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Obviously

Thanks I will add this to our FAQ sticky.
      Last edited by Wheelie; 20-09-06 at 11:44 AM.
      Ray

click here

Thanks

Thanks - I've sent them an e-mail!

Tyland - will you then have to re-submit your registration to Sky?

bulldog is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WNCSN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Tyland View Post
      Just an e-mail to enquiries@easynet.com with the name of the exchange produced a next day reply.
      Obviously I must have seen the suggestion on that other Forum!!!!
      they also have a free phone number on the web site 0800 053 0558

http://www.easynet.net/broadband/bro...egory.asp?id=1

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Stumpy
      I may be wrong but I am assuming that as soon as my exchange is unbundled Sky will switch over all those on Connect and also chase up all those who registered and have not yet joined. Their marketing people are much more on the ball than their Customer Services so I would be very surprised if it doesn't happen this way.
      On another track, if you register for updates on your exchange with "Samknows", they will e-mail you when the actual work has been done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast