Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Connection issues.. HELP

This is a discussion on Connection issues.. HELP within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Right will try to make this short as possible. Been with sky max( llu ) for 2 months now. When ...

tobys550 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Connection issues.. HELP

Right will try to make this short as possible. Been with sky max(llu) for 2 months now. When I first had it my router would connect at 2000kbps which for where I am is pretty good. We had all that wind a few weeks back and the main phone cable broke from the house. Sky got BT out to put new one up and after a few days of problems, i.e engineer wiring our house back to front with neighbours he wired it correctly further up the line. Ever since that day my connection has been odd. First off it does'nt connect anywhere near 2000kbps now normally around 1800kbps, but that varies greatly. I understand it can change, night time particulary but im currently connected at 768kbps...... Its all over the place. THe funny thing is its not just my connection, neighbour across the road is having problems with his connection aswell, his is all over the place to, where for the last 2 years both of ours have been fine and pretty much connecting at the same consistent speed.
      He is a pic of my current stats. Connection issues.. HELP-stats.jpg

The noise can vary if i set the interval time to 5 secs or so. Its been like this for a couple of weeks, ive been patient, do you think its time to get on to sky or am I gonna play the " pass on the caller around the globe game".

I want my old speed back. Surely there must be a limit on what you should get and what your actually getting, which makes them look into the problem. Any help would be great many thanks.

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Connection issues.. HELP

IF these are taken from the test socket (if you have one) then you need to get on to Sky - however, with an attenuation of 63 you're already at the limit for a BB connection...

your upstream suggests you're not on Base either so either Sky have it wrong or you've not updated your profile...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      IF these are taken from the test socket (if you have one) then you need to get on to Sky - however, with an attenuation of 63 you're already at the limit for a BB connection...

your upstream suggests you're not on Base either so either Sky have it wrong or you've not updated your profile...

Thanks for answering. Yes I know that im quite far away. But for 2 years with former supllier I had no problem connecting day in day out at 1856kbps. But to suddenly to be dropping and connecting at silly speeds does'nt make sense. Yes I have tried it at main wall socket, to rule that out.

Thanks

do you have a test socket (see link on my signature if unsure) - if so put router in there and post stats again...

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yes i have tried test socket just been on the phone to a nice lady in philipines....very friendly lol. Tried to put me through to customer solutions but they are very busy..... I have a ticket number though

Thanks

but what were the stats from there? no point asking for help and then don't do what's asked!! chances are Sky might not need involvement...

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

yes the stats were from there strange thing is....connection has suddenly got back to what it was. 1760kbps. I was having strange readings on reboots..... it would connect at 968 down and 736 up then on a reboot connect at 1312kbps down and 160kbps up!!! thing is the stats were the same for all the reboots, attenuation was at 63 and noise 7db. What would cause the sync to go haywire like this for an afternoon.....

Thanks

so you're not on Base then? If not, then please update your profile...

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

sorry no im on max llu. Im new here and have'nt been in to my profile. Ill do that now

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

this is really weird..... My connection connects at a various speed i set the poll interval to 2 secs and I can see my noise margin changing virtually every 2 seconds or so!!!! its going from 6 down to 5 then to 1 back up to 7,5, up to 10 etc. What the heck is going on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast