Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Any Ideas?

This is a discussion on Any Ideas? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, sorry if this has been brought up before but i have just joined. Been on sky connect (about 17 ...

neepheed is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01346
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Any Ideas?

Hi, sorry if this has been brought up before but i have just joined.

Been on sky connect (about 17 pounds a month) for about a year and a half now. I only signed up with the promise of getting moved over to the cheaper option when the local exchange got unbundled. At the time I asked them how long it would take and they said within a few months. Since my exchange has not been unbundled yet and doesn't appear to be for a while I phoned to complain about being sold the product on the understanding the unbundling was soon to be complete. The person at sky said I was lying and they would never have given a rough timescale. They did though? Who do you comlain to when they just say you are lying?

2. Advertisement
      James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Any Ideas?

Typically, if an exchange is due to LLU'd, they will charge you 5 per month for the Sky Broadband Connect service, so the fact that you've been paying 17 per month, suggests that there never was any immediate plan to install LLU equipment at your exchange.

Sadly, you're not the first person on this forum to report having been told things by Sky's sales staff that turned out not to be true. You could try calling 020 7705 3000 and asking for Customer Relations, but I wouldn't hold out too much hope because at the end of the day, it is simply your word against theirs.

The only silver lining to this particular cloud is that at least you're past the 12 month minimum contract term and can leave Sky Broadband with just a month's notice.