Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sky Broadband Max to Connect

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband Max to Connect within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; if ur moving to an offnet area and it's not gonna be upgraded anytime soon, then it's tough i'm affraid......

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband Max to Connect

if ur moving to an offnet area and it's not gonna be upgraded anytime soon, then it's tough i'm affraid...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

2. Advertisement
      jonny1310 is offline Banned for stealing our content
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Well i passed somebody through to cancelation dept today and they said they could not cancel even tho there bb service was not working so explain that.The woman was just fed up but still she was not aloud to cancel.That is what a contract is there for it is not just for show.

Netgeezer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Several points ...

1) Moving out of an LLU to an exchange where Sky have no LLU kit - there is no obligation or incentive for Sky to reduce the charge from 17 as they have to pay BT Wholesale to deliver over BT Connect. The only reason Sky reduce the cost where they have temporarily run out of LLU capacity is to retain the customer with a view to bringing them onto their own Sky network in time. But if there is no prospect of being able to bring the customer over because the exchange is not unbundled for Sky they wont do it.

2) If you move home it is difficult/impossible for Sky to hold you to the contract which is tied to your home address - it cannot be moved to your new home address. So in those circumstances Sky cancel the contract. My daughter is a good example as a frequent mover and keeps re-arranging her Sky contracts to the new address each time she moves. But this last time she cancelled with Sky 7 months into the contract and has moved but this time taken on Virgin Media pfffft! What can Sky do? They can't force her to stay in the old flat - and they can't charge for a service that cannot be delivered.

3) Jonny1310's woman who "....was just fed up ...." - I'm not at all surprised Sky won't let her go. Being fed up is no valid reason to terminate a contract prematurely. But if her BB service was not working then someone should be getting into the reasons why it isn't working, and arranging a fix. There are plenty of things that can be done to resolve such issues, by the customer as well as by Sky.

Is it just me? Has no-on heard of escalations? I mean, if the oily rag cannot fix it then its time to ask to speak with the engineer, or his boss, or her boss and so on until you finally get someone who has the authority to make something happen. These people do exist y'know!!
      It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer.
      [Albert Einstein]

ADSL Nation XF-1e filter - the dogs nuts

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

For a start there were lots of people trying to help this women but when she came on the phone to me she just said that she wanted to cancel and did not give me a chance.

And secondly sky can make you pay the subscription and they can also get a debt collection agency to make you pay for instance my mum got a letter from a debt collection agency about a month ago for a bill that she was under a contractual agreement to pay and this was from 9 years ago and she still had to pay it by law why would sky bother making a contract if you could get out of it that easy.

Netgeezer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Are you saying that your mum moved home and Sky still came after her?
      It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer.
      [Albert Einstein]

ADSL Nation XF-1e filter - the dogs nuts

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

No it was not sky it was another company but my mum had moved through about 8 different addresses and they still came after and did not stop till they hit her and the best thing was that it was only for 50 lol.

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonny1310 View Post
      The woman was just fed up but still she was not aloud to cancel.That is what a contract is there for it is not just for show.
      The almighty sky ( or any other company you enter into a contract with ) are also bound by the terms of the contract. They have no right to prevent anyone from terminating their contract. What they do have the right to do is, if someone wished to be released from their contract, is to seek recompense as stated in their t&c's.
      Therefore if someone has been released from a contract and does not make that recompense then yes the repo man can be called upon.

My earlier post was not directed at you personally, but as already mentioned what you implied has an opposite
      Last edited by dholdi; 03-04-08 at 01:51 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12