Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Netgear Router?

This is a discussion on Netgear Router? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Had a problem last week with my Sagem router, couldn't connect to it wirelessly. After contacting sky they came to ...

Vizeman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01298
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Question Netgear Router?

Had a problem last week with my Sagem router, couldn't connect to it wirelessly. After contacting sky they came to the conclusion it was knackered and wasn't broadcasting, so they said they would send me a new router.
      Following my conversation with them I thought 'd have a mess around with it and see if i could sort it. This I did by switching off my T.V. sender which must have been interfering with my wireless signal.
      Anyway the point of my post is that I received my replacement router yesterday and it's a Netgear, I thought they didn't use these anymore because of problems?
      Also, which is better Netgear or Sagem? And which should I use?
      Or should i send the replacement back or keep it for a spare?
      Sorry for the ramble, just got too much time on my hands I guess

2. Advertisement
      nodrog is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: wskiw
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: sky hub SR102
      Sky TV: SKY+ HD 1tb box
      Thanks

Re: Netgear Router?

new routers come as sagem or netgear according to several reviews including the moderators of this forum both work near identical

personaly i would say keep the second router find out which one gives you the best wireless coverage to suit your network layout and keep the other as a back-up, for future breakdowns, or if you want phone sky and ask if they want it back
      Last edited by nodrog; 28-03-08 at 05:29 PM. Reason: typo