Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Need Help

This is a discussion on Need Help within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; You can also call Customer Services: In the UK: 08442 41 41 41 In the Republic of Ireland: 0818 719 ...

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Need Help

You can also call Customer Services:
      In the UK: 08442 41 41 41
      In the Republic of Ireland: 0818 719 819
      Sky.com. Sky Help Center. Contact Us.

2. Advertisement
      SkyGaveMeMyMoneyBack is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Yorkshire
      Broadband ISP: who knows what they have me on today
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSky View Post
      Sky.com. Sky Help Center. Contact Us.
      Thanks Paul off to phone now wish me luck!!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SkyGaveMeMyMoneyBack View Post
      Thanks Paul off to phone now wish me luck!!
      Spent 25 minutes going round in circles
      They haven't got the £5 deal anymore So why is is on the screen?
      I should have been moved to Mid in May LAST YEAR but wasn't
      There are loads of available lines but they can't move me??? WHAT?
      There is NO ONE there to authorise my £12 refund till I am moved YEAH RIGHT

OK SKY THE SUN HERE I COME

richone54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: watford
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by richone54 View Post
      What exchange are you on ?
      01226 I have checked and re checked online and I should be getting this for £5, but they refuse to do aything, I even said to him if i cancel and rebook will I get it for £5 and he said yes grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I am housebound and disabled and can't afford to lose my BB while they mess about cancelling and re booking me

Sky Broadband Base, Mid and Max are available for you to buy. If you’re unable to complete your order now (for example if you don’t have your MAC to hand), when you come back to complete your order, your exchange may have run out of space. If this happens, we will be able to offer you Sky Broadband Connect at the offer price of £5 a month. Sky Broadband Connect has speeds of up to 8Mb usage limits of 40GB.** Your phone line can support download speeds of up to 4 Mb.
      Last edited by SkyGaveMeMyMoneyBack; 29-03-08 at 06:32 PM.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

If you are on the Barnsley exchange, this was enabled by Sky on 23/07/2007, if this is the case, it is a disgrace that you have not been transferred. What is wrong with these people?

Try sending an email to jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com he is the top dog, he will not deal personally with it but will pass it to one of his assistants. Explain your position as you have done here and also mention your personal circumstances. If he is anything like his predecessor you will get a result.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      If you are on the Barnsley exchange, this was enabled by Sky on 23/07/2007, if this is the case, it is a disgrace that you have not been transferred. What is wrong with these people?

Try sending an email to jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com he is the top dog, he will not deal personally with it but will pass it to one of his assistants. Explain your position as you have done here and also mention your personal circumstances. If he is anything like his predecessor you will get a result.
      YOU STAR MUAH skips off to write an email xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Dear Mr Darroch,

I am writing to you in desperation. I am a disabled housebound woman (with a disabled Husband, 2 autistic children living on benefit) whose only pleasure is the Internet and I am suffering crippling bouts of IBS due to the stress that SKY are putting me under.

I swapped from a £9.99 AOL deal to Sky's £5 mid package over a year ago and it has been a constant battle over the price. Firstly I was encouraged to take sky talk even though I explained I didn't use the phone and was told "it's free, not often you get something for nothing you may as well have it" so like a fool I did. Then a few months later realised by my bill it wasn't free at all and had to spend over 20 minutes on the phone to get it taken off my account.

Since then my husband has phoned numerous times to complain about being charged £17 for a £5 deal to be told "it was never in our area, we were never sold that, we told you it was £17,it was tough there was nothing they could do" etc, then eventually they say "oh yeah it is isn't it we will credit you £12" only after we have been on the phone for 30 mins or more which we can ill afford, this has been every month for the last 6 months.

I registered my interest when you first announced BB and waited for the notification, eventually it arrived that the MID package was available so I signed up. I have since been told that only the £17 connect package is available even though when I do a number check it reads..........
      Sky Broadband Base, Mid and Max are available for you to buy. If youíre unable to complete your order now (for example if you donít have your MAC to hand), when you come back to complete your order, your exchange may have run out of space. If this happens, we will be able to offer you Sky Broadband Connect at the offer price of £5 a month. Sky Broadband Connect has speeds of up to 8Mb usage limits of 40GB.** Your phone line can support download speeds of up to 4 Mb.
      My bill, so far as I can go back online reads..................
      April 07 BB £17 Sky Talk £3.49
      May 07 BB £17 Sky Talk £2.35
      June 07 BB £17
      July 07 BB £17
      August 07 BB £17
      September 07 BB £17
      October 07 BB £17
      November 07 BB £17 £48.00 cr
      December 07 BB £17
      January 08 BB £17 £12.00 cr
      February 08 BB £17 £24.00 cr
      March 08 BB £17
      My husband spent 20 minutes on the phone this week to "Kevin" who said tough it is now £17 we honoured the £5 for a year and now you have to pay £17. I spent 30 minutes on the phone today (29/03/08) to "Liam" who led me a merry dance and said "we should have been swapped last May, there are loads of free spaces, but he couldn't change the package I was on, there was no one in the entire building who had the authority to swap me and they no longer did the £5 deal that I read to him off the website while online If this happens, we will be able to offer you Sky Broadband Connect at the offer price of £5 a month. I am pleading with you to help me get the refund I am due and the £5 package I signed up for or I will have no option but to cancel the account altogether.

Yours sincerely

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Don't forget to tell them what your phone number is so they know where you are.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post
      Don't forget to tell them what your phone number is so they know where you are.
      have done ty

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast