Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Really low speeds

This is a discussion on Really low speeds within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Okay, just to clear things up a bit further. The digibox must be plugged in through a filter or you ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Really low speeds

Okay, just to clear things up a bit further. The digibox must be plugged in through a filter or you will have problems. Many find that it still causes problems even when using a filter. Sky don't bother much about having the box permanently plugged in, except when you have multi room, when they insist that they are plugged in permanently. It is easy enough to plug in if you want to order a film or game.

The router is always better plugged in to the Master socket. You will find an improvement if you replace the standard faceplate with a special ADSL faceplate, such as those supplied by ADSL Nation This isolates all the other sockets from the Broadband signal and makes using filters on the other phones unnecessary.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      stuck_123 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

cheers for the help,i'll pass the info onto my flat mates if they start moaning about the phone socket not being plugged in, i have a feeling they will as the picture has freezed for an unspecified time while watching random channels on sky,i'll take a look at the website aswell to see what thats all about.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

The telephone has nothing to do with the TV, it is only there to earn money for Sky by being used to order films and games. If you do have to complain about the picture on the TV ,it is better to have it plugged in, otherwise it is not in the least necessary.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

stuck_123 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

ok will tell them that if needs be, i think thats all the questions I've had so thanks for your help and if anyone else i know is stuck,i'll point them towards this forum,thank you and goodbye.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123