Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Laptop and Broadband Problem?

This is a discussion on Laptop and Broadband Problem? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well i have the Sky max broadband package and 1 computer and 2 laptops all connecting to the router (Sky ...

Topkidben is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Thurnby - EMTHRNB
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:

Laptop and Broadband Problem?

Well i have the Sky max broadband package and 1 computer and 2 laptops all connecting to the router (Sky Netgear DG834GT) wirelessly. Well it seems to me that when 1 of the laptops connects to the router the internet drops out, as i can connect 1 of the laptops and the computer to it but when i turn on this certain laptop the internet drops out. I have looked at the noise margin and it looks like it goes down when this laptop connects to it, i seen it at 4.8 db. So can someone help me so i can get the internet not to drop out when the laptop connects to it?

Thanks Ben

Last edited by Topkidben; 20-03-08 at 11:20 PM.

2. Advertisement
      tester2 is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:

Re: Laptop and Broadband Problem?

Wierd, only thing I can think of is to check all the devices connected are using dhcp, as in dynamic ips set by the router.
      If 2 of them have a static ip set and are the same that would happen, of course you would get a message about that so probably not likely.
      Another thing to try is to change the wireless channel in the router and see if they can co exist together then.
      Something probably not likely to happen but I'll mention is to make sure the two laptops have different mac addreses (maybe you cloned one along the way or something)...again not very likely.
      Are all devices wireless g as well? maybe one of them is b or even n and so makes the router "throw a wobbly",hehe.
      Anyway if none of that works then it's up to one of the resident genius's here to help you along with it, I'm stumped.