Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

What do I do now?

This is a discussion on What do I do now? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I'm having no luck getting through to Sky on the various numbers, but hoped someone here would know the answer. ...

Chris72 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

What do I do now?

I'm having no luck getting through to Sky on the various numbers, but hoped someone here would know the answer.

Long story:
      14 August - Ordered Sky BB - first time BB so nice and easy.
      User/Password letter shortly after
      Never had the line activation letter though.
      1 September - Nothing else until I discovered this forum
      Check BT site - ooh, I've been activated since 23rd August
      Phone Sky to chase router - told to wait.
      Number of phone calls to Sky up to 5 September, when I'm told I would get served better if I cancelled and then re-order - I cancelled, checking my BT line would be returned to normal and decided to wait until that happened before re-ordering.
      16 September Router arrives! Plug it in but no connection (unsurprisingly)

So now I have a line readied by BT, a Sky Router and a cancelled order.

Finally the question:
      If I do not re-order from Sky will it be impossible for another provider to give me the line as it has been allocate to Sky (who seem not to want it). Although to be honest if Sky answer I'd still go with them.

TIA

Chris

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site Chris

Ouch you have a real headache and I am not sure if anyone other than SkyBB will really be able to answer you with this one.

I guess if the line is clear then in theory you should be able to go with anyone but you really need to talk to SkyBB use the free phone number thats floating around on here.

Good luck and I hope you manage to sort out something
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here