Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

New sky broadband user needs a little help please!!!

This is a discussion on New sky broadband user needs a little help please!!! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by scouse007 The 400mbps one is probably a Firewire/1394/iLink network adaptor does need to be active or can ...

MrStabby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: New sky broadband user needs a little help please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scouse007 View Post
      The 400mbps one is probably a Firewire/1394/iLink network adaptor

does need to be active or can this be delated....and how do i get to see my sky internet connection on my toolbar??
      If you don't use a digital video camera then it won't do any harm to right-click it and select Disable. You can always do the same and select Enable at a later date.

There is no 100% known way to get the speed showing on the tool bar, you can look any time at the router status page (in your browser - http://192.168.0.1 user:admin pass:sky) which will show both the Upstream and Downstream connection speed.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

As Mr S says there is no way to get your download speed shown in the tray, the best you can get is the router connection speed. There are loads of utilities which will do this, many of which are infested with adware or malware of some kind. Unfortunately, Mossywell's excellent utility will not run on your router, this shows the connection speed and SNR. The only way you can get your actual download speed is to run a speed tester, none of which are very accurate, or do a real world test from a fast server, such as MS. If you want a tool to run in your tray then NetMeter is one of the better free ones. It will keep a record of your bandwidth used and show the speed downloads are coming in at.

There is no need to disable the 1394 connection, just untick the box you ticked before and it will disappear from the tray.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

scouse007 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

thank you all that have responed and taken the time out to my sort out the problems i had, and hope to chat to your all again!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234