Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

First sign up for one of our members

This is a discussion on First sign up for one of our members within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Just been on the phone to sky. Apparently there is some kind of error on my line. He couldn't give ...

SAFC2403 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thumbs down

Just been on the phone to sky. Apparently there is some kind of error on my line. He couldn't give me any more info than that and I will now get a call back on thursday evening.

Yeah right.

Why the hell couldn't someone ring me or even send me a letter notifying me of the problem and they would investigate?? It's been 11 days since I ordered and all i've had is 1 poxy letter from sky thanking me for signing up. They better get this sorted sharpish otherwise F2S will take another payment from me and they reckon I'm not entitled to it back.

Disgruntled to say the least?? This will be my third ISP - had no bother with the previous 2 so why the bother now.

2. Advertisement
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Update******

Got fed up waiting for the non existant call back so rang them last night to be told that the order should now be going through - they couldn't tell me when but I was assured that a call back has been arranged and i'm now in the queue for the order but tbh I'm not holding my breath.

Poor service so far from SKY. I'm currently with F2S and if I was with any other ISP currently I would have told them to shove it.

Not a good start I feel

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Phoned again today - looks like i'm being fobbed off. Slight delay with order is the phrase now being used.

Got till the MAC code runs out and then I will be off somewhere else as this is now getting rediculous.

Feel in limbo now and I would advise any new members to keep in touch with SKY as they don't seem to be able to communicate properly with there customers.

Annoyed

SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      so you signed up on the 21st? which is including bank holiday only 7 working days, i was told 14 when i orderd mine.
      Last edited by SatDish; 31-08-06 at 06:39 PM.
      "To help would be a great adventure"

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

No I ordered on the 12th August. All I've had is one letter to say that my equipment has been ordered. So far no kit and no idea when I'm likely to be connected.
      Last edited by Wheelie; 01-09-06 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Please do not quote the preceding post. Please use QUOTE sparingly if you wish to aim a reply at a user then please use @User Name this helps us to keep the forum tidy and posts more compact. Thanks

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Sorry to hear that and as they are seeing a fault they will be unable to place the order until thats fixed, I guess thats why you have only received the one letter.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just wish they tell me what the "fault" is. I'm fine with F2S at the moment(apart from slow speeds). Maybe they could also at least try to give some sort of approx resolution date. Just feeling very left in the dark by it all as I don't have a clue when it will be sorted.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Yes I do agree with you there and if I was you I would phone and ask to speak to a supervisor or manager or at least someone who could give you some real help.

Good luck anyway and I hope its all sorted sooner rather than later.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

brucemac is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: South Shields
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Give them a call and speak to the provisioning department and escalate the call to a supervisor and manager or to tier 2 support just so that you know what is going on!

jennifer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LocksH
      Broadband ISP: O2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Foxsat HDR
      Thanks
      safc2403 - Why are you unhappy with F2S?

Jennifer

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast