Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

got a netgear router - need advice on allowing certain ports

This is a discussion on got a netgear router - need advice on allowing certain ports within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; as the title says - before i used sky to access the net for all types of things, i had ...

marky1968 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Talking got a netgear router - need advice on allowing certain ports

as the title says - before i used sky to access the net for all types of things, i had no problems... now however it appears i get problems when transfering files thru certain ports - my question :-

when ive entered the ip address to access the netgear router - where in the menus can i adjust the settings to allow access to certain ports on my pc?

and if possible can you please be as specific as possible? i would appreciate any help - and im sure someone here knows the answer -

I use to use trend micros firewall - that was a software firewall that required me to enter the location of the software i would allow access on all ports on ie udp and tcp in out etc.... please help, im desperado.

thanks in advance.

2. Advertisement
      kpax88 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: got a netgear router - need advice on allowing certain ports

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: got a netgear router - need advice on allowing certain ports

There is a good chance you would get more help if you explained exactly what you are doing. Are you uploading files to a site on the internet or is it a P2P/torrent problem? There is also a Tutorial on Portforwarding on this forum, which may be helpful.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

marky1968 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thumbs up Re: got a netgear router - need advice on allowing certain ports

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      There is a good chance you would get more help if you explained exactly what you are doing. Are you uploading files to a site on the internet or is it a P2P/torrent problem? There is also a Tutorial on Portforwarding on this forum, which may be helpful.

ok - yes it is p2p the tool im using is edonkey, im getting a low id now everytime i use a server to source content , i have plenty of sources to get the items im after but obviously i need to allow certain ports.

My ip will i beleive change everytime i use the router since the pc im using is not on all the time. without seeming sarcastic, is this enought information? i can give you more if you need it??

thanks in advance.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 19-03-08, 05:27 PM