Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Max Broadband Unavailable though I'm in LLU area

This is a discussion on Max Broadband Unavailable though I'm in LLU area within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I've checked my number using the checker on these forums and on the Sam Knows Broadband site, it says I'm ...

tommcdonna is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EAFEL
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Max Broadband Unavailable though I'm in LLU area

I've checked my number using the checker on these forums and on the Sam Knows Broadband site, it says I'm connected to AEFEL exchange which is LLU unbundled for Easynet / Sky.

When I put in my number on the sky website to sign up for broadband, I am told I can only get the normal ADSL "connect" broadband and LLU is NOT available to me.

If I do the same thing on the UK Online website (they use Easynet equipment too) I'm told I CAN get LLU broadband on my number.

Any ideas why Sky are saying I can't get the LLU services when UK Online say I can?

For reference, just in case it's important, my BT line was connected 2 days ago and has BT Option 2 on it. In addition to Broadband I am trying to sign up to 6 x ents mix TV with Sky+. No Sky phone packages as I've got BT option 2 instead.

2. Advertisement
      kpax88 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Max Broadband Unavailable though I'm in LLU area

The Online website sometimes needs updated i think, try phoning them =)

MrStabby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

There is plenty of capacity at EAFEL. It could be that as your line was only installed 2 days ago the relevant databases have not yet updated (Sky normally suggest waiting 5 days).

The UKonline checker says I can get 16Mb and I'm not on an unbundled exchange!

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrStabby View Post
      There is plenty of capacity at EAFEL. It could be that as your line was only installed 2 days ago the relevant databases have not yet updated (Sky normally suggest waiting 5 days).

The UKonline checker says I can get 16Mb and I'm not on an unbundled exchange!
      Thanks, I suspected that, I am going to call them at lunch and see if I can get to the bottom of it.

Where did you check for capacity? It could be useful to know should I get a "well the computer says you can't so it must be true" response.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

I called them at lunch, as expected they said that the LLU services weren't available to me.

I'm sure this isn't right, but I don't know how to get anyone to look into it a bit harder then just blindly trusting their lookup service.

Postman Pat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leytonstone
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

It could possibily be that all the LLU slots allocated to sky have been filled at the moment. Hve you ben quoted a price for Connect, which is a BT refurbished package . If you have and they have stated 5 permonth, then spaces are immenient if not and stated 17 then you will have to be patient im afraid

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Pat View Post
      It could possibily be that all the LLU slots allocated to sky have been filled at the moment. Hve you ben quoted a price for Connect, which is a BT refurbished package . If you have and they have stated 5 permonth, then spaces are immenient if not and stated 17 then you will have to be patient im afraid
      Yes, they are quoting me for "Connect" at 5, does that definitely mean that it's only just at capacity / there are plans to increase capacity? The guy I spoke to on the phone at Sky said the notes on his screen said that no plans were scheduled to migrate "Connect" users to the LLU services.

I had an email from from Sky, saying the exchange was "sold out", but to make it more puzzling, I also had a response from Easynet, who said they couldn't understand why Sky wouldn't be offering me LLU service.

If I join the "Connect" package, is it usual to be migrated to LLU when capacity becomes available?

Just to muddy the water even further... If I use my neighbours phone number, the sky website reports LLU as being AVAILABLE!

Postman Pat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leytonstone
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

They obviously have not updated the website. Normally sky offer you connect for 5 If space will be available within a 6 month period . If you do suscribe keep pestering them

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Just to muddy the water even further... If I use my neighbours phone number, the sky website reports LLU as being AVAILABLE!
      If you are on good terms with your neighbour, as him/her if you could use their phone to call Sky. When you get through, ask them what you can get. If they say you can get LLU, ask why you can't get it next door. It could be that there is a problem with your phone number.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

All's well that ends well.

I need to learn the virtue of patience, by the end of the day today, my new line must have filtered through the system and I'm now shown as able to receive "proper" sky broadband, in fact the order's already placed.

Many thanks to all who helped me out :-)

Particular praise to dsldude... Legend!