Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Switching today - fingers crossed

This is a discussion on Switching today - fingers crossed within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I swapped from BT to SKY today no problems connecting, it should have been yesterday but they changed the date ...

leobloom is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Goodmayes
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I swapped from BT to SKY today no problems connecting, it should have been yesterday but they changed the date late last night on my order to the 19th. I was offline for less than 1 hour after my BT service was disconnected.

Very impressed after all the recent bad posts I read on here I thought I made a mistake changing so early! But I got faster network and above all no crappy BT software slowing my laptop down, which is 6 months old BTW and when complained to BT they said I should upgrade to a new laptop to go with there software!!! Anyway I left them now and I pay 240 less PER year! So well happy.

Only problem is how do you access the Sky Broadband website? Is it broke becasue when I log in nothing happens! I am lucky as I got my work email address but would also like me new sky email address too!

Paul,

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site Paul

Its good to see one more happy customer who seems to have had a trouble free move things are looking up

Yes the portal is broken and there is a fix being worked on but know idea when it will be done.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

kheb3350 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

A quick update. Got home tonight and couldn't connect to BT broadband so I set up the Sky Box and wireless adapter at around 9.30 pm. The internet line on the Sky box was green but was flickering and I could not get onto the internet. I tried again fifteen minutes ago (11.15 pm) and here I am. So touch wood things okay so far. I changed my password on the netgear router page and took a look at the stats. I have the max and seem to be at 6089 kbps downstream and 766 kbps upstream. I'll take a look at it all more seriously tomorrow and see whether I can increase that speed or not. At the moment I'm just glad that I seem to be connected okay so far. I'll leave it on all day tomorrow so that will be a better test.

tinnedpeas is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I'm still sat here on my BT BB connection. Should have switched over on the 18th and my CEASE is today

Glad yours went through as expected (now where's that envious smiley!)

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Yo may be lucky as there seem to be a few people who are getting there connections done at the same time as the loosing ISP is ceased so fingers crossed this is the case for you.

@kheb3350

Thats good news
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I must admit, also because I got confused and set a cancellation date for BT a day before the Sky activation date (tried to get it changed but couldn't), I thought I'd have all sorts of problems. BT seem to have got my switch right so it looks like I've been lucky - makes a change.

However, woke up this morning and couldn't get onto the internet . I switched the Sky router off and on, and the internet came back. I've since changed the UPnP setting and switched to Auto 108, as suggested in the 'sticky.' Hopefully that will work, and will update later on.

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Tinnedpeas - hope your able to sort your switch out. That's exactly the situation I thought I was heading for. Although my cease was supposed to be on the 19th and activation on the 20th (my initial mistake), it looks like BT realised something was a miss and made the switch yestereday evening.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Yes making those changes should help
      Ray

click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12