Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Midi conundrum

This is a discussion on Midi conundrum within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; If you have a digibox make sure this also runs through a filter, these are a source of many problems. ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Midi conundrum

If you have a digibox make sure this also runs through a filter, these are a source of many problems.

Another thing to consider is having the router by the Master socket and running an RJ45 cable from there to your PC.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      Longshanks is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Whitchurch Cardiff
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks again

We have a digibox but this does not connect to the phone system. Would we still need to run it through a filter in these circumsatnces?

How do I get an RJ45 cable? Does this take the place of the small ethernet cable?

Would the RJ45 be in addition to the existing cable which supplies my bedroom socket form the master socket?

Incidentally, if you reset the router does this automatically uncap the speed?

Thansks again

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

If it is not plugged into the phone line it obviously a digibox does not need a filter. If you do plug it in at any time, remember to put it on a filter.

An RJ45 cable would take the place of the yellow cable supplied by Sky. They are available from many suppliers such as Networking cables CAT5e indoor and outdoor They are effective up to 100metres. Finding a suitable route for it is the only problem. A tidier but more expensive solution would be to use a Homeplug System which requires no extra wires.

Resetting the router will not alter the speed if you are capped. This can only be done by the Sky CST.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Longshanks is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Whitchurch Cardiff
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123