Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Really Hacked off with sky now...

This is a discussion on Really Hacked off with sky now... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; So a few weeks ago I started a thread saying max line speed was connected at 8160 and I didn't ...

mr-mac is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Really Hacked off with sky now...

So a few weeks ago I started a thread saying max line speed was connected at 8160 and I didn't have ADSL 2+ modulation available...

I phoned and after a real pain of a call got told someone would call me back within 72hrs...

Nobody called!!!!!

I phoned again last night and asked why... NO TICKET HAD BEEN RAISED.... So had another call that was even worse and he said he wouldn't raise a ticket as his system said max speed available was 2.5 mbps (even though I was connected at 8mbps with very good line stats). So after 40 mins on phone I eventually got a ticket raised...

Today when I got home there was a garbled text message on my home phone from sky...

I phoned and got told my line had been re-configured.... But now I have been dropped to 6944 not 8160 and there is still no adsl2 modulation....

So the guy said he could put me through to level 3 if I plugged router direct into wall socket... I said I had all wires hidden and routed behind computer desk and it would be about 2hrs work to dissassemble and retrive power cable for it. In this instance I asked if they could help anyway as my speed and attenuation prove there is no issue with the phone cable and it was obvious the reconfigure had slowed my line down.

He refused.

I have now spent over 2hrs on the phone to them never had a call or got to speak to someone from L3 and they have reduced the speed of a stable line that connected at full speed.

Is it always like this???? I am fuming.... I have attenuation of 15 down and 9 up and margin of 16 down and 14 up and they insist on telling me my line won't support any faster.....

Am I wrong here or is this shoddy in the highest order. While I am on the subject I can tell you adsl2+ has never been enabled on my line and no training has taken place as I connected at 8160 on day one and it stayed there....

John

2. Advertisement
      James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Really Hacked off with sky now...

With those attenuation figures, you should be getting the maximum speed - 15323kbit/sec. The fact that you're not has to be that there is a massive source of noise on your line, and that will most likely be your own extension wiring.

When Sky are setting the speed of your connection, they have to ensure that errors are not occurring too often. You really have to fix the wiring issue and then call Sky. Once you've got through to CST then they will be able to increase your sync speed.
      Last edited by Saturday; 04-03-08 at 08:58 PM.

richone54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: watford
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

I phoned and got told my line had been re-configured.... But now I have been dropped to 6944 not 8160 and there is still no adsl2 modulation....
      Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      i just hope the auto regrade script doesnt get you - it'll cap you...

i wonder if they are seeing problems because you are not using the sky router ?
      Last edited by Saturday; 04-03-08 at 08:58 PM.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

if you're calling regarding a slow connection - DO NOT GET OFF THE PHONE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CST AGENT ON THE PHONE

the auto regrade will cap the line further if not dealt with and closed within a day...

EDIT: ^ beaten to it - lol
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by James67 View Post
      With those attenuation figures, you should be getting the maximum speed - 15323kbit/sec. The fact that you're not has to be that there is a massive source of noise on your line, and that will most likely be your own extension wiring.

When Sky are setting the speed of your connection, they have to ensure that errors are not occurring too often. You really have to fix the wiring issue and then call Sky. Once you've got through to CST then they will be able to increase your sync speed.
      What noise figures??? I am well under the 30 required and the 2nd set of figures the bigger the better as that is headroom... On adsl1 modulation at 8160 I had zero dropped packets....

I can't get through to L3 if the agent won't put me through... And I am not a soft touch when it comes to demanding....

The issue as I see it is they havn't enabled adsl2+ on my line... I keep trying to say after 3rd guy re-checked with a dept and said my max speed should be 8... I said all well and good but give me adsl2+ as advertised and let the router train and if it's at 8mbps so be it....

Can't get anywhere. I am considering going to customer relations and forcing them to listen...

Why the heck should I have to fight to get the service I paid for

Thanks for advice going to phone them back and demand L3

John

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

dont' demand as you'll just be ignored...

best call after 11PM as its usually quieter then...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

again they are refusing point blank and i am back to someone telling me my line only supports 2.5mbps and he will get reported if he puts me through to L3.... after the last guy promising if I plug router directly into wall he would put notes so I would get to L3 straight away and I got some cheeky norther Irish bloke (supervisor refusing L3 and saying 6944 is my max and I am not getting to L3). It was fine at 8160 how can 6944 be my best....

I even asked for a manager and he said no there is no point as you aint getting L3 or a manager

Jesus
      Last edited by mr-mac; 04-03-08 at 10:18 PM.

James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mr-mac View Post
      What noise figures???
      Eh? I'm saying that with your attenuation figures you should be able to get the full 15323kbit/sec easily. You've been capped very heavily by Sky and they don't do that for fun or out of spite or out of incompetence, they do it to reduce errors on the line.

Fix the problem with your telephone wiring and then call Sky. If you're going to insist that all your problems are down to Sky messing up your connection, you're likely to achieve very little. And with your excellent attenuation figures, that's a real pity.

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by James67 View Post
      Eh? I'm saying that with your attenuation figures you should be able to get the full 15323kbit/sec easily. You've been capped very heavily by Sky and they don't do that for fun or out of spite or out of incompetence, they do it to reduce errors on the line.

Fix the problem with your telephone wiring and then call Sky. If you're going to insist that all your problems are down to Sky messing up your connection, you're likely to achieve very little. And with your excellent attenuation figures, that's a real pity.
      1 week at 8160kbps before I reset router to change virtual server and no dropped packets and connection didn't drop once in that time. Does that not show noise is fine or am i missing somthing? I think they downgraded it because last person raised it as slow connection and think maybe it ts assumed speed may be too high and it is done without any checking...

Plus my last provider I was at 8mbps for 2 years and connection never disconnected

called back and at last eureka! a human with a nice manner who listened and straight away agreed I should speak to L3

John
      Last edited by mr-mac; 04-03-08 at 10:27 PM.

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Hi everyone.
      This has been said till we are all blue in the face.
      (1) Before you start to blow a gasket with your ISP, make sure your own wiring is up to standard.
      Iv'e spent all day sorting slow BB problems, which had been blamed on BT by differant ISP's, and in every case the problem was due to poor customer wiring, and unfortunately they will all be getting a bill. So don't get caught out, there is enough info on this site to rewire your home.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast