Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Registration Process - Any method to the madness?

This is a discussion on Registration Process - Any method to the madness? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi All, I have been avidly reading this forum for the last 6 weeks since I registered my interest with ...

JimmyC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Registration Process - Any method to the madness?

Hi All,

I have been avidly reading this forum for the last 6 weeks since I registered my interest with Sky BB.

I know that there have been many posts re. the registration process but I am quickly reaching the end of my tether and need to vent.

I initially registered my interest on the 4th August and subsequently received an e-mail saying that I would hear from Sky within the next couple of weeks. Needless to say I heard nothing and re-registered using a different e-mail address a couple of weeks later.

3 new registrations later and I still have not heard anything............ Is this normal? I tried getting an answer from their Customer Service dept via e-mail but keep getting back generic nonsense;

"You'll hear from us via letter or email on a regular basis, keeping you informed and providing you with up-to-date information. When we can offer you the service, we will contact you with your unique purchase code and further instructions on what to do next."

What is even more frustrating is that I know that my exchange (Wandsworth) is Easynet/Sky LLU and my neighbour has Sky BB Max !!

Any advice as to how I can hurry up the process - I am currently on Dialup and my BT line is clear.

If the only option for me is to hold on and wait I will probably have to look elsewhere - has anyone got any recommendations for a cheap ISP with a 20-40Gb Cap?

Many thanks for any advice.

JimmyC

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site Jimmy

If this your way a venting I like it

You are not alone seems there are quite a few people in the same boat, if I was you I would call Sky's main customer services and explain it to them and they should be able to transfer you through to SkyBB sales, it seems to have worked for one or two people I know so its wort a try.

Good luck.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

madman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wandsworth
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      just a follow up. I am also in wandsworth and have placed my order. Try registering your intrest and hopefully you will get the BAND code.

kkhalil76 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I would say sign up with someone else who is already well established, and after a while you can switch to Sky if you really want to join them. I think a few providers have 'pay as you go' (bulldog) or no minimum term (Be) contracts, which would avoid you signing up for a whole year elsewhere. I was tempted to join Sky cause it's so much cheaper, but now 7 weeks later I'm still offline (after having cancelled my previous provider) and now I'm waiting for my line to clear so I can sign up with someone else. You could get lucky and get online with Sky without much trouble, but if you do run into some hiccup, like many on this forum, you could be waiting for ages.

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Try RINGING up and place your interest? That way when they input your details it will say on their screen you can get broadband?

Calavera is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Heywood
      Broadband ISP: Trying for SKYBB
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      well ive registered twice and sent an email of saying why i havnt got any reply and i got the defalut reply ( or so it seems ) of:

Thank you for your interest in Sky Broadband. Please accept our apologies
      for the delay in advising you of your Unique purchase Reference Number.

We are working hard to roll these services out across the country as fast as
      we can so our customers can enjoy the great value broadband. However we
      can't guarantee an exact availability date because we have been inundated
      with requests that far surpassed our expectations. You've already done the
      best thing which is to visit www.sky.com/broadband where you can register
      your interest in the service and we'll try to meet your needs as soon as
      possible.

You will receive an email or letter from us letting you know when the Sky
      Broadband product(s) will be available to you.

Kind regards

Sky Broadband Team
      "What exactly are you saving your money for? A rainy day? 'Cuz let me tell you--You're dead. Every day is rainy from now on".

- Manny Calavera
      Grim Fandango

TheWhizzz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gravesend
      Broadband ISP: 02
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks
      i registered back in august and heard nothing from them so i phoned them up and said i would like to cancel all my sky packages i have with you and he put me through to customer services and i told them aol had offered me 2mb broadband for 17.00 and i could not afford to keep aol and sky as it cost too much then they said ok you can have sky broadband we will send you ur band code through email 2 days later it turned up lol seems if u threaten to close all your accounts with sky they get a bit scared and get there finger out try it see what they say lol worked for me

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      But it really shouldnt need to be that way though? Not really, But if it works.. What the heck hey!
      Last edited by Keiran2K8; 27-10-06 at 08:02 PM.

TheWhizzz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gravesend
      Broadband ISP: 02
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks
      but i didnt have any probs with mac codes which seem to cause a lot of problems will just have to wait and see how my conection goes when its switched on on the 1st nov see if i get 100's of problems connecting reboots and gawd know wot lol

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      The whole registration process comes across as pot luck. I registered on the very first day and heard nothing despite other people who registered later getting their band number, so after reading a thread on here I registered again and had to wait a few more weeks before the mail finally arrived.

It seems to me as if your name is picked out of a bag full of names the way the registration process is being handled.