Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

just signed up

This is a discussion on just signed up within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all I have just signed up to sky on the phone and could do with a brief outline and ...

coley is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

just signed up

Hi all I have just signed up to sky on the phone and could do with a brief outline and time scale of how things work with the process. I only rang sky to see if they could do the friends deal were you get a a free sky+box and installation with out being reffered by a friend they said no problem so I signed up. there and then. (talk about impulse buying).

Anyway I opted for see (6mix package @21) speak unlimited and line rental to sky (15) Surf mid (5) total 41 all in.

I am currently with Plusnet and paying 22 just for adsl and requested my mac code from them.

I have an installation date for the TV for Thursday. However I was given a sky email address over the phone can I use this now if not what use is it for. Also how can I track my order of whats going on. When is the best time to cancel with plusnet no contracts or anything with them.

Regards Coley

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: just signed up

Hi Coley

However I was given a sky email address over the phone can I use this now if not what use is it for
      Not normally until you are connected to Sky. Normally once you are on Sky BB the email is activated.

Also how can I track my order of whats going on.
      Sky will write to you, in abundance normally.

When is the best time to cancel with plusnet no contracts or anything with them.
      Once you are on Sky BB ring Plusnet or use one of their ticket thingies to inform them that you have migrated.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser