Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Dialup Speed on BB Connection

This is a discussion on Dialup Speed on BB Connection within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; mate YOU ARE ON if your getting 150kbps sky need to uncap you but are miles behind ... lol if ...

Ex Bt loves Sky BB CS is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      mate YOU ARE ON if your getting 150kbps sky need to uncap you but are miles behind ...

lol if you arent on you arent on any connection. ive been through this mate YOU ARE ON

2. Advertisement
      DeeGame is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kingsbury, London NW9
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      @ ex bt

What does "i am on" mean?

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      @DeeGame

Ah that explains it then phone SkyBB up and talk to TS and ask them whats going on.

@Ex Bt loves Sky BB CS

Add a link to one of the posts you made when you were having all the problems before you registered so the people you are trying to help will understand a lot better what you went through.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Sky PATHETIC! Do Not migrate to them.

i was told by tier 3 and an operations manager that when i had 128kbps i was on and sky had to take the cap off. i had that for 2 days then in seconds sky lifted the cap and i got a great speed.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Though I understand your joy with tier 3 mate they will not speak to everyone that calls them look at the problems you had getting to them so for the sake of everyone sanity please don't keep telling people to talk to them.

Thanks
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Ray with respect...

They are they only ones who can do it. So DEMAND to talk to Managers who can transfer you to tier 3 or escalate it so they call you.

Or you can just wait your turn but then there is no point coming on here and moaning.

You either wait days or you get it escalated.

So... to get things sorted you talk to tier 3. Sorry but thats a fact! Another fact is its sky fault for being so far behind in lifting caps. Dont forget ive been told stuff off the record so i know the score.

Once you get throughto tier 3 when you have an adsl light you will have access inside 1 minute.

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie View Post
      Though I understand your joy with tier 3 mate they will not speak to everyone that calls them look at the problems you had getting to them so for the sake of everyone sanity please don't keep telling people to talk to them.

Thanks

Also with respect you cannot call tier 3.

spcdust is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      You keep referring to these caps that are applied to all new Sky Broadband connections as a matter of course....are you 100% sure that this is the case?

spcdust

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      No its not the case mine was never capped and I have always had full speed from the minute my connection was activated by SkyBB.

@Ex Bt loves Sky BB CS

With respect you keep telling everyone with problems to get through to tier 3 and you know full well that SkyBB have a set procedures and the chances are they will refuse to put you through and the more and more people that call demanding to do what you say will just make SkyBB change the way they do things to stop this happening and that will do no good to anyone.
      Ray

click here

spcdust is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      @Ex Bt loves Sky BB CS,

I have to say my line was also never capped, just worked at the same speeds as I've always got and to be honest I think this idea that all new Sky Broadband connections are initially capped is misleading to the majority of Sky BB customers. I recall that Tier3 did cap a users line whilst they problem solved a technical issue and when that issue was resolved by BT they forgot to clear the cap, one phone call and it was removed (for some reason I thought this was you but I'm obviously mistaken).

Also, whilst I appreciate your excitement at you newely discovered speed remember that Tier 3 support are not the answer to all users problems, there maybe other mitigating circumstances to their issues. A blanket recommendation of "Contact Tier 3, they'll sort you out" could be a waste of their time, speed and connection issues can be due to a whole host of reasons, best rule those out first before rushing off to the phone?

spcdust
      Last edited by spcdust; 19-09-06 at 12:48 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast