Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

What happens ?

This is a discussion on What happens ? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, This my first pose here so please be patient with me. I am thinking of moving to Sky max ...

old bill is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: haverhill
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

What happens ?

Hi,
      This my first pose here so please be patient with me. I am thinking of moving to Sky max but 2 things are putting me off which I hope that you can help me with. How good are the Sky routers ? I have used Netgear in the past and my line did not like them at all, so much so I lost about 1.5 meg in sync speed when used against my 2 wire 2700. I had so many problems with my line last year that BT came out and did a shift and lift at my exchange. My old stats were line attenuation of 49 and a max speed of about 3.2. After the lift and shift my line attenuation dropped to 41 and I now get speed of around 6.5 meg. When I spoke to Sky they said my line would support a max speed of 4 meg (which it would under the old stats). If I change to Sky in my line attenuation likely to change again back to 49 or will it stay at 41 ?

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: What happens ?

well, my attenuation went from 51 to 45 once i moved to Sky and I've gained 1.5Mbps - this with a V2 Netgear so they're not that bad...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket