Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Aaaarg! Still no activation!!!!

This is a discussion on Aaaarg! Still no activation!!!! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; And you totally missed the bit about compensation and free equipment for my BB (well known abbreviation for BROADBAND) cancellation. ...

Annie UK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWFEL
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: TP-Link Archer C7
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      And you totally missed the bit about compensation and free equipment for my BB (well known abbreviation for BROADBAND) cancellation.

sibodg was saying "looks like I'll have to write in" so I was supplying an answer to that and giving examples of why the email address can get results!!

If your going to remove posts just because Sky+ is mentioned then I think that is being a little heavy handed for a MOD

2. Advertisement
      sibodg Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

The letter

here's what I sent to Skydigital @ bskyb.com, james.murdoch @ bskyb.com:

edit: have spaced the email addys out so spambots dont pick it up

NewsreadeR

Dear Sirs,

I wish to register my disgust and disappointment with the level of service I have received since ordering Sky Broadband.

As soon as the Sky Broadband service was announced, I registered my interest. So as soon as I received my invitation i ordered.

I was given an activation date of the 7th of September 2006, and was told that the transfer from my existing ISP would be smooth (Literally only 30 minutes of Downtime.

It is now the 19th of September, and I have lost connection to my old ISP, have no Sky broadband, and no indication of when it will be made available. All I get from the customer services representatives in the Provisioning department is 'It is showing as in progress' or 'It's BT's fault'.

While I appreciate that Sky have no control over BTs activities and work schedule, I do request that Sky communicate with them regularly, and thus with their customers.

It is intensely frustrating that I cannot get Sky to tell me what is happening. As I have lost my Internet connectivity altogether since Tuesday evening last week (the 12th), I am now severely inconvenienced.

I have requested on several occasions that this matter be escalated to senior management, and that I have some sort of feedback. Thus far, nobody has returned my calls or responded to the escalations.

Phoning an 0870 number is very expensive when one has to wait 30 minutes or above.

By way of support and advice, I signed up to the forum www.skyuser.co.uk, and www.adslguide.org.uk. It seems I am not alone in believing that Sky do not communicate with their customers effectively.

Through these forums I discovered the BT Wholesale freephone number, and I decided to call them directly myself. Indeed, they have proven 100% more effective than talking to your Broadband order tracking team.

If it takes me just 5 minutes to phone a freephone BT number, why does it take upwards of 2 weeks for a customer service manager in Sky to do the same on my behalf, and push for a concrete install date?

I was told yesterday by BT that my activation date was due on that day, and that the order had not been put through from Sky until the 8th.

Today they are telling me that the order close has been put back by two and a half weeks to the 5th of October, just under one month since the original Provision date!

Frankly this is not good enough.

To summarise
      1. Signed up in August, got my letter around the 18th.
      2. Waited patiently, got a letter saying there was a 'problem' with my connection.
      3. Rang sky, was told it had been put through again and that it was the 7th. Apparently BT had found an 'incompatible product' on the line.
      I wondered if it was my Scottish Hydro-Electric Talk phone package, but was assured it wasn't. Checked if a BT line was a requirement in the Ts and Cs, but no.
      4. Got a letter confirming 7th was the activation day.
      5. 7th Came and went, got a letter confirming there was a problem with the Sky Router, that I should have received before the 7th. Confirmed 10 rebate, plus delivery on the 9th.
      6. Router came on the 9th, but still no Sky BB. Still had Zen though.
      7. Was assured time and time again, that the transition would be smooth, that Id have my old broadband right up to the activation of my Sky.
      8. Time dragged on, first Friday was the new revised activation day. Then by the end of Friday, "By Monday at the earliest".
      9. Monday came and went, still no activation. Still on Zen though.
      10. Found the BT wholesale number in www.skyuser.co.uk, and rang it. They confirmed that yes, I had a deactivation (cease) for Zen but no order to provide!
      11. Complained to Sky, but they assured me it was not going to show on Bts system as it wasn't theirs.
      12. Zen still worked at home right up till around 9pm, when it died.
      13. Confirmed with Zen that it was deactivated, no Sky Broadband though!
      14. On the Wednesday (13th), I continued to contact Sky - they had no idea why I hadn't been activated yet apologised, would escalate it.
      15. Thursday the 14th, still no Broadband at all, Sky could still not tell me anything, still no callback from the 'management'.
      16. Friday the 15th, rang BT again, found out a Provision for LLU Line share had been raised, but on the 8th. 8th??? Sky claimed that it was not raised by them, but BT must have been slow putting it on the system. That make it nearly a month slow! Provision was set to close on the 18th for that call.
      17. All weekend, still no broadband. Sky escalated it again on the Friday as I was most unhappy that I was being messed about. Promised a manager was to e calling me on Saturday at the latest. Nothing happened.
      18. 18th Sept, rang Sky to find out again what was going on, they apologised. Spoke to the girl who'd escalated my call the first time, she apologised and assured me she'd done everything appropriately. Said she'd escalate it again. BT told me that the provision for LLU line share was to be closed today (by midnight).
      19. Still no broadband when I returned home. rang Sky again, complained that I was getting nowhere, asked why Sky still have no updates for their customers, why can I ring BT and get answers hen Sky could do just as easily and then have information for their customers first.
      Customer service rep was friendly, said she'd escalate again - though I hold out no hope. Said their senior management should be doing more to help them help us.
      20.. Still no broadband, rang BT today, and was told that the close of my open order was set at the 5th of October, a delay of 1 month since the original provision date.
      21. Phoned Sky to ask to speak to a manager, was told nobody was available, and that it would be escalated. For the 5th time.

Today marks my first full week without any broadband, and the Thursday my second week since provisioning was scheduled. BT have even passed their own provisioning schedule based on what BT wholesale told me.

I'm seriously considering cancelling the lot, sending the you the box back and cancelling Sky TV and broadband altogether, as frankly, although you aren't necessarily at the root cause here, it's their responsibility to keep the customer informed. So far you seem to be just ignoring my requests for more information, and not chasing up the orders.

I appreciate you are overwhelmed, but that's your problem, not mine.

I want to pay you for the service, but you, so far are causing me more inconvenience than I feel is reasonable or acceptable

The minimum I expect now is to receive a reply by the end of the week updating me with a firm provision date, and an explanation of what has happened.

If I do not see any reply by Monday the 25th September 2006, I will be phoning Sky to cancel the broadband order, and my Television service, and taking my business elsewhere.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you soon,
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 19-09-06 at 03:15 PM.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Looks very good to me sibodg

Good luck and I hope it will achieve something for you.

@anniebrion

I never missed anything
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Annie UK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWFEL
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: TP-Link Archer C7
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      So even though my post helped sibodg direct their email to the relevant dept you still think it was OT How sad

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      If you had just posted the email address it would have been fine instead you had to add all that other stuff which to my mind was off topic but id you feel I am in the wrong then please feel free to contact one of the admins.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12