Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Internet connected but no internet page

This is a discussion on Internet connected but no internet page within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I'm not sure if I'm posting this topic on the right page but I will do anyway!!! I am ...

Emma Jones is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Internet connected but no internet page

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm posting this topic on the right page but I will do anyway!!!

I am a Sky broadband subscriber and until this weekend my wireless internet has been working fine. On Saturday it decided no page would load and (through FireFox) it continually says waiting for page to load in the bottom corner.

I have checked the interent- the wireless is working (as my housemates comp is fine) and my computer says I have excellent connection strength.

I have performed ad-aware and spyware checks, deleted all temp files, tried it through internet explorer etc.

Last night my friend suggested I restore my computer to a previous date when it was working- I did this and my internet came back on! This morning I am back to the same problem where the page won't load...

Does this sound like I have some sort of virus/spyware??? (I am very uneducated about these things!) If so, how can I get rid of it so I can use the internet again??? Am I going to have to reboot my comp from scratch???

Any advice would be much appreciated as its so annoying!

Thanks Emma

2. Advertisement
      MrStabby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Internet connected but no internet page

It could possibly be down to an MS IE7 update, see if removing patch KB944533 helps (assuming it's been installed) via Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.
      I'm pretty sure this woudl affect FFox too.

Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

You could try installing a new Hosts file, this is advisable on PCs which are running well as well as those having problems. Go HERE read through the instructions and download the script. It may not make much difference to your present problem, but it might, it is always worth having.

Are you running good security on your PC, at least a good Anti-virus, Adware stopper and anti-spyware. If not these are free and very good
      Anti-Virus - AVG Free Advisor - AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition
      Anti-spy - SUPERAntiSpyware.com - AntiAdware, AntiSpyware, AntiMalware!
      Adware - Ad-Aware 2007 - Reviews and free Ad-Aware 2007 downloads at Download.com

Another useful tool is Protection from Adware, Spam, Viruses, Online Scams | McAfee SiteAdvisor which alerts you to dodgy sites.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

sdrew56 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I had the same problem last night a steady internet connection light the router had authenticated and connected ok but no DNS applied a call to Sky and they said the problem was down to the earthquake as I live in Southampton I find it unlikely but then they are the experts! It is working ok this morning.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sdrew56 View Post
      I had the same problem last night
      Your problem might have been due to this:

Problems connecting to Sky - 27th Feb

Had to laugh at the earthquake excuse.