Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Netgear Wireless BlackDG934G Router Problem

This is a discussion on Netgear Wireless BlackDG934G Router Problem within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi Guys, Sorry for yetanother wireless problem but after several hours on the phone to sky, I'm loosing the will ...

Gengo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0208
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:

Netgear Wireless BlackDG934G Router Problem

Hi Guys,

Sorry for yetanother wireless problem but after several hours on the phone to sky, I'm loosing the will to surf!

Essentially, I've set up my BB and the internet works via the Ethernet cable but not wireless. This is not a problem with my computer wireless settings as I'm able to access my work wireless network and surf with ease.

Firstly (although I don'tknow if this makes a difference) I can't load the set-up CD that came witht the router. Despite my systemmeetingthe minumum requirements, the CD doesn't load past the start up screen. Given this I called Sky and, after twoormore hours, I finally got online via the Ethernet cable.

ANyway, I've tried several attempts and changing the settings through but with no success.

I've just been trying to follow the instructions as laid down here: Sky Router Setup/Configuration

But I only get as far as the set password stage (When I say set password stage I mean the Set password under the MAINTENANCE tab once in the Broadband set-up page, not Username:admin PW:sky)

Can anyone tell me if there is a generic password? I was text a password tomy mobile initially but I've tried this and it doesn't work.

I've tried asking sky but I cant facegoing through their laborious troubleshooter processyet again. They say there is a fault with my account and therefore they cant ticket or add noteson any of my calls. At one point I went through the hire echeleons of Technical support (2hours 30mins) only to be told that my device drivers need re-installing. I checked with IT at work today and they were fine and i was straight on the wireless network.

Also, sky tellmea different thing everytime I contact them. Mostyrecentlyit was that there's a fault on my line and ive only got a temporary service...Is this right, there doesn't seemto be a problem with ASDL connection and I had Pipex for a year with no fault. Also, I have run tests and gotten 2 different error codes (100 & 300) - however the internet has always worked once i've plugged the ethernet cable back in and the error messages have gone.

Sorry for the endless waffle but this is DRIVING ME INSANE!!

Any help welcome.

Last edited by Gengo; 25-02-08 at 11:35 PM. Reason: omitted info

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV

Re: Netgear Wireless BlackDG934G Router Problem

the only password you need for wireless is on the bottom of the router - if it doesn't connect it might be that your wireless isn't WPA compatible...

error 300 is no IP address (would be a solid amber light on the router as opposed to green)...

there is a BIG issue regarding routers at present but they should be able to pass you to CST who can create a ticket in the meantime...

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket