Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Broadband not connecting & DNS problems

This is a discussion on Broadband not connecting & DNS problems within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, Can anyone help me. I am at the end of my tether after 3 useless calls to Sky Tech ...

Gracelandprincess is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Broadband not connecting & DNS problems

Hi,
      Can anyone help me. I am at the end of my tether after 3 useless calls to Sky Tech Support.
      We got Broadband approx 2 weeks ago. We were able to connect ok the first time then approx the 4 times after that we could connect to the wireless network but the network couldnt connect to the internet - when diagnosing this problem with Vista it said that there was DNS problem. After approx 5 mins this would disapear and we could connect - and that is how we used it since - with the 5 min wait to get online. BUT - for the last 2 days when turning on the router the Internet light that is meant to go green has either not come on at all or gone to solid amber - meaning we cant connect at all. Having spent nearly an hour on the phone to Sky Technical Support and them asking me to put in the number address for sky test - and it coming up with error code 300. Also when running the sky test the woman kept asking me if there was an IP address shown - there wasnt. But when waiting on the phone the IP address came on (after refreshing for 10 mins) whilst on hold to speak to higher technical support - she said she couldnt help any further as it was now working!!! So - today same thing has happened - amber light and cant get on the net. We have a wireless adaptor (admittedly not netgear) but we are plugged into the main telephone socket.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Advertisement
      richone54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: watford
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Broadband not connecting & DNS problems

only thing i can suggest is to use the "test" socket behind the face plate of your master socket (see first link in my sig)
      and also use a wired connection while testing

(the above may not help, but at least if you phone back, you will have the set up as they need to check)