Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Max Down Speed

This is a discussion on Max Down Speed within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have `Sky Mid` and get a Connection Speed of 8096 kbps-down and Upstream of 416 kbps, Line Attenuation of ...

pntalbot8 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Max Down Speed

I have `Sky Mid` and get a Connection Speed of 8096 kbps-down and Upstream of 416 kbps, Line Attenuation of 35 db & NR =7.4 db--On Sky speed tester I get 6792 kbps -down & up = 317 kbps -which is great. I recommended Sky to my next door neighbour and he has`Sky Max` and he lives 30 metres, away from House, but only gets Conn Speed of 6656kbps down, Up = 768kbps. Line Attenuation & Nr same as me,but on Sky speed Test he gets Down 5385kbps/ Up 575 kbps. We have tried swopping over Routers still the same.These Tests were done at the Test Socket within the NTE5-- surely being on Max of 16 meg ,he should get a better Speed than me-- if not, he might as well be on Sky Mid, same as me and only paying 5, instead of 10. We live 1.5 miles from Exchange.Any ideas please.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Max Down Speed

It looks like he may have a faulty line. He is not capped or his SNR would be much higher. Has he got any noise on his voice line?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

pntalbot8 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Max Down Speed

Thanks for response-- No Noise on Line whatsoever using 17070