Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unable to Authenticate Account

This is a discussion on Unable to Authenticate Account within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Do you mean you have tried your router, synced, but was unable to connect?...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Unable to Authenticate Account

Do you mean you have tried your router, synced, but was unable to connect?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      hazeyjane is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

We had the same trouble. Line migrated last Tuesday, router arrived Friday, as unknown to me when I signed up, we'd been put on Connect.
      I phoned them Friday night and explained that it was synching, but the amber light was solid. It was quickly established that they couldn't find the MAC of the router, but they couldn't raise a ticket and I was told to call back the next day.

We had several days of calls and getting angry and I got rather upset with them on Monday night. I got up Tuesday to find that we now had a green light on the router and it was working. The promised call back never happened.

What I don't get it why it takes 3-4 for the problem to get through to the relevant tech dept. Surely if you give them the MAC and serial of the router, it should be a quick job to allow it access?

Morph Monkey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Barnet
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: SkyHD box
      Thanks

Sorry to hear that you've had the same issue, though it's reassuring that my mate is not alone! I'm sure this whole process could be sorted out quite quickly though I appreciate from the technical side that a list of things to do only seems to get longer than shorter, though my old tech mates always had time for Warcraft during office hours! LOL!

Hopefully we'll go green within the next few days, that will teach me to work within the industry - I think I'm getting more abuse from my mate to fix this rather than directing it as CS (in a nice way of course)

At least you are now up and running!

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hazeyjane View Post

What I don't get it why it takes 3-4 for the problem to get through to the relevant tech dept. Surely if you give them the MAC and serial of the router, it should be a quick job to allow it access?
      It can take a couple of days as the mac has to be added to the system manually, if the MAC was already listed as known/ authenticated the Tier 1 agent can add it in a matter of seconds during the call. If it has to be manually raised the info has to be collated by the agent, sent to a team leader and they pass it to someone (in CST I believe) to get the MAC added to the authentication database. At this point tickets can then be raised, unfortunately to get to this point it may take a couple of days as it is only done by a small number of people.

Thanks

On that basis I hope that my mate is up and running by Friday close, I think he's really fed up with me quoting scenes from Short Circuit instead of getting his connection working

Thanks

For all you fans out there here is a small update with regards to the above issue.

My friend's telephone service was cut-off a few days ago with no explanation. A ticket was opened with BT and low and behold, as soon as the phone issue was fixed, he was able to use his Broadband service.

The exact thing happened to me about a year ago, but then as I previously mentioned on this thread and my post at the time, CS said it was a tie-pair issue when it was not (that situation still makes me laugh now)

After a little asking around with other people in the area that I knew had Sky BB, they also suffered a similar experience. This could suggest that all these issues stem from the exchange and an engineer’s order of activities for the day. I still haven't got to the bottom of this and probably never will but it would be interesting to see if anyone else in the area has experienced this. I have a few theories but that could open a whole new list of arguments.

Thanks for the comments, hopefully this has been of use to others in the same situation.

Oh my mate is now getting a nice 6.5 down which is a vast improvement on his previous service of (most likely limited) 2 down with another provider.

(Oh and my garden is now looking very nice for any of you concerned about that...doh!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12