Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Can't get into router?

This is a discussion on Can't get into router? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; So i have a medion MD95038 router, got it from aldi ages ago. I want to use it as a ...

click07 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Can't get into router?

So i have a medion MD95038 router, got it from aldi ages ago. I want to use it as a switch i have not used it in ages, and i have forgotten the user name and password for it i found the manual says default user/pass is admin admin tried that no luck. So i tried using the soft reset but that won't work :/ i can telnet into the router but it wants the user/pass which i don't no. Is their anyway i can get it to reset or something or get the user/pass out of it???

2. Advertisement
      greyrider is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: O2
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Can't get into router?

Try a hard reset. There ought to be a teeny, tiny hole on the thing somewhere. Insert an opened out paperclip - try and get it to go in direct, not off at an angle, if you see what I mean - and push gently. The router lights should go off, power off while keeping the clip pushed in, power back on, wait for the lights to settle, remove clip and you should be good to go. It sounds fiddly, and it can be, but it restores the thing to factory settings.

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Can't get into router?

Um, I don't know that router so you may of course be right but power cycling the router while depressing the reset button will trigger the firmware recovery mode on a number of routers.

I'd suggest just pressing in the reset button for 10+ seconds with the router left on would be worth doing first to see if this just resets it to factory default values. You will of course need to know the default password etc then but that should be in the manual.