Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where/How do I complain about Sky?

This is a discussion on Where/How do I complain about Sky? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; As some of you may be reading in this thead ... http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-b...s-connect.html I'm having nothing but trouble trying to get ...

vandal is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Where/How do I complain about Sky?

As some of you may be reading in this thead ...

Sudden terrible speeds on connect ...

I'm having nothing but trouble trying to get my problem solved. When I phoned last night I was told a member of the CST will ring me but have been advised on here that will probably not happen. So I phoned early this morning hoping to get through to the CST only to be told the ticket was closed AGAIN!

So we tried to open a new one but because my router is not in their system it had to be sent to their team leader who told him to tell me to phone back between 7-8pm tonight and the router should be on the system and a new ticket can be opened. Another day lost and no further on.

I've had enough. I want to speak to someone higher than tier1 but can't. I'm no further on than when I started all this almost two weeks ago. Where can I make a formal complaint about this to? I've searched for a complaints email/phone number but can't find one.

Any help is appreciated.

2. Advertisement
      James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Where/How do I complain about Sky?

If you're really getting nowhere with Sky Broadband Customer Service, you can call 020 7705 3000 and ask for Customer Relations.

Exchange:
      Thanks

OK thanks for that.

I totally understand that the people I speak to each time has to do thier job, it's not them but the system at fault. Once you get past them you should be able to go straight to the CST without having to go through the whole thing over and over. It really gets you down having to explain the same thing to each new person only for them to try and treat it as a new problem.

Anyway, I'll wait for tonight when supposedly my router will be in the system and a ticket can be opened. Then (I was told) I can get to the CST and hopefully move it on. If not, I'm phoning that number first thing tomorrow.

audioslim is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Failsworth
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

It took about a week for CST to finally ring me , with pretty poor speeds on connect also.
      They since reported it to BT, who 'cleared the line' and said it's all OK (whatever the hell that means).

Still not syncing at above 3mb (was originally 4.5 when I first joined) and my SNR is still stuck up at 15db.

Also not happy.

Slim

Exchange:
      Thanks

A member called jonny on here (who I think works for Sky) has told me that the CST will probably not phone me back, atleast until I get through to them myself. So I'm not expecting them to call as promised.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Calling late evening between 10 and 11 pm has worked for many forum members.

I am finding it hard to believe that your router is not on the system. It is a basic fact that you cannot connect unless your username and password is recognised by the system. If your router is not on the system, the username and password it contains would not be recognised. There have been a few cases where users who came from another part of the Easynet network were able to stay connected to the old supplier using the Sky name and word, but this does not apply in your case. Unfortunately, so many lies have come out of Sky CS that you never know what to believe

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

May not be lies, we still have routers out there that are not on the system and have to be escalated to Team leaders so that they can be confirmed and added. This unfortunately can take a few days and can result in tickets not being opened or "lost" in the system as tickets cannot be raised until the MAC address is set against the user account.

Thanks

^^^^^^^^^
      That's my point Paul, this router does connect!

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Doesn't mean it's been raised against the account properly, we get it quite often on T1. It may be that either the EU has mis-read the MAC and it's been flagged as unknown/ incorrect or it may be that something has gone wrong on the system again.
      Either way we have had a number of routers that have worked properly and connected but when we have looked on the customer portfolio no MAC is listed and therefor no router is set against the portfolio.
      It may no seem possible but it has happened and no doubt will happen, it may just be that the database our portfolio information is sat on my not be fully mirrored by the database that authorises routers connecting to the service.

Thanks

Thanks for the info Paul

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast