Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky's T&Cs Email(s)!

This is a discussion on Sky's T&Cs Email(s)! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Since signing up for Sky Broadband Max I've had the same email sent to me everyday with an attachment of ...

Paul N is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky's T&Cs Email(s)!

Since signing up for Sky Broadband Max I've had the same email sent to me everyday with an attachment of their T&Cs in PDF. That's 6 emails so far.

What's up with that? Its just looping, sending an email everyday. I've replied to one asking if I'm suppose to do something with them and haven't had a reply. Again, today, their T&Cs again!

Add to this that I got my letter today with my username, only it didn't have the username there, just the word 'Username:' and an empty box next to it. Fortunately I know my username as I assume its the one you use to log into your Sky Account (correct me if I'm wrong). There was no password with the username because it said it will be sent when I send my MAC to them. But I entered the MAC during sign-up so don't know what's up with that.

I did get an activation date, but with the issues I've had so far, can't say I'm expecting a smooth transition. So far, not so good.

2. Advertisement
      balloon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky's T&Cs Email(s)!

I've had the same thing happen to me with the T&C emails.... also, the same with the Username business but I'm sure it will be the same as the one you use to log on to MySky.

Don't worry about the emails... it's probably just a slight hiccup.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Login will be the same as mysky.com, if you get any problems BB tech support T1 can check the user name, get your through a password reset (if you don't get one sent out)and make sure your profile is working. If you already have sky tv and have a login for the tv it should be that login which becomes your primary sky log in for the BB too.

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paul N View Post
      Since signing up for Sky Broadband Max I've had the same email sent to me everyday with an attachment of their T&Cs in PDF. That's 6 emails so far.
      Could be a POP issue. Here are Sky's instructions to resolve:

I am receiving multiple email alerts from Sky about the new Email Service, how can I stop these?

If you use an email program to check your Sky email and are now receiving multiple emails from us letting you know that you service has been moved:

1. Disconnect from the Internet (this will stop your program from checking against the old mail servers and downloading the email alert.)
      2. Close your email program, then reconnect to the Internet.
      3. Enable POP Downloading in the new email service:

(i) Go to Sky.com - Email & Tools.
      (ii) Login with your Sky Email username and password.
      (iii) Select Go to Inbox to open your mailbox.
      (iv) Select Mail Settings at the top of the page.
      (v) On the settings page, select the Forwarding and POP tab.
      (vi) In the POP Download section select Enable POP for all mail or Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on Ė itís your choice.
      (viii) Choose what you would like to do with your emails after you download them, such as:
      Keep Sky Emailís copy in the Inbox or Archive Sky Emailís copy or Delete Sky Emailís copy

4. Click Save Changes.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

When I returned from my holiday late last year I had 40 emails from Sky telling me I had been switched to the new mail service. I was not impressed at getting so many as they had also sent me some blanks ones as well. Thankfully after deleting them I never got any more.