Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Problems with e-mail log in

This is a discussion on Problems with e-mail log in within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello everyone new to Sky BB having been connected today. I moved to this ISP after having major problems with ...

Fedupwithaol is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01726
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Problems with e-mail log in

Hello everyone new to Sky BB having been connected today. I moved to this ISP after having major problems with AOL connection and speeds. First thing on my agenda was to do a speed test. Tip top result nearly 6mb, bearing in mind that with AOL switching to carphone warehouse servers I was lucky to get 512kb this time of day!

However GRRRRR I am not able to log on to my account to set up Sky e-mails. It just comes up with username not recognised. I have been on to Sky BB webteam who inform me that servers are down and they can not tell me when they will be up again and suggested I call next week! Not a good start SKY. Anyone know whats going on? Many thanks

Bryan

2. Advertisement
      Trebor901 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Thatcham
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Problems with e-mail log in

First thing go to the MySky link at the top of the website and try logging into that and see what it says.

If it says that username doesnt exist then click on the forgot username link and it will ask you for a few details and see whether that brings up whether the username exists or not.

And secondly the servers cant be down because ive been logging in fine all day

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Trebor thank you for your reply. I have tried that, whatever I do it just comes up with username being unrecognised. It seems Sky are telling me porkies and have somehow messed up! Double GRRRRRRRR.

Bryan

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

are you definately putting in the right username? i know it sounds stupid but could you have spelt it wrong?

Also if you cant get it to work even with the forgotten username link then that must mean that they havent actually created the account when you've phoned up and ordered Sky Broadband

A solution to this is to either create a new account and link it to your Sky account with you name, address etc then it should recognise that you are a Sky Broadband customer.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yes I am definately using the correct user name. I have already been down this route as sky had spelt it wrong initially! Therefore I have checked,checked and double checked! I think like you maybe sky have not created an account.

I will try to create a new account and link as you suggest. Many thanks.

Bryan

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

If Sky initially mispelt it have you tried putting the username in the way that they first spelt it?

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

They cannot change the initial user name without wiping the account completely and rebuilding your sky profile. Ring up and ask them to confirm the user name, if however the servers are down and sky reg cannot give the information then neither will sky bb tech tier 1 as that is who they call.
      Odds are it is the original info you have been given and you have to use it with the incorrect spelling (no @sky.com for the login user name).

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks I am having no luck whatsoever. Even using the mis spelt user name. Creating a new account does not work either as you have to link it to the original account holder ie the name that pays the bill. This name is not being recognised! The term ******* in the wind springs to mind!

Bryan

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Probably using the KANA Form is your best bet. At least the should be able to confirm your username and password in writing so you can copy and paste them to the relevant boxes.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.