Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky max, connection slowly dies.

This is a discussion on Sky max, connection slowly dies. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hey, I'm a first time poster and a long time sufferer of sky and there various products. Back in april ...

RizlaKing is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky max, connection slowly dies.

Hey, I'm a first time poster and a long time sufferer of sky and there various products.

Back in april me and my flatmates purchased sky max broadband as it offered us the best price and speeds at the time, we have ran both the V1 and V2 routers, with a belkin mimo router (acting as an access point) to extend the range around the flat.

Ever since we've had the sky max package restarting of the router has been a 24/7 necessity.

We originally conntacted sky techincal support to see if they could find a problem. The engineer that we spoke to said the figures that we were getting from the router status page should give us a very good connection. Normally when the router is restarted we get a brillaint speed but slowly the connection dies and as of yesterday the connection drops 1mb on the hour, and has been little as 0.4meg, nothing like the supposed 16mb.

Below is an image of our router stats, i'd appreciate it if a member could help me with the problem or even point us into the direction of where our problem may exist.
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sky max, connection slowly dies.-router_status.jpg  

2. Advertisement
      balloon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky max, connection slowly dies.

Hello, have you tried the usual.... plugging into master socket/test socket, checking you have filters everywhere etc. etc? Also, you mention that you have a Belkin router plugged in as an AP.... have you tried without that?

maxim8 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky max, connection slowly dies.

It sounds like rate adaptation is occuring over the period, maybe because of intermittent noise on the line?

As above, I would first suggest double checking you have filters on all telephone extensions on that line (if in doubt, an NTE5 master plate filter is the best setup).

Failing that, it may be worth borrowing (if you can) another DSL modem/router, and leaving it on the line to see what happens.. (monitor the new routers line statistics) obviously you won't be able to use the internet with it (since sky don't give out the user/pass), but it will enable you to check if its an issue with the router or your line.