Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Strange problem accessing a web page...any ideas???

This is a discussion on Strange problem accessing a web page...any ideas??? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; WOWSERS! James you are the man! Thanks so much for your time on this, you, like me, couldn't resist the ...

skymax16mb is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Witham, Essex
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Strange problem accessing a web page...any ideas???

WOWSERS! James you are the man! Thanks so much for your time on this, you, like me, couldn't resist the challenge eh! I had previously mucked around with my MTU settings in the hope of fixing this but from what you say there is little I can do using this router now Parcel2Go have changed something their end! I will give up and use a different router.......only problem with that is I think I have toasted my Sky router when i tried to flash it with non-Sky firmware....DOH!

Right then.....time to try and find my user name and password settings on a text file on my PC somewhere and add them to another router......time to sift through the router box methinks !

Thanks again James!

2. Advertisement
      skymax16mb is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Witham, Essex
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Strange problem accessing a web page...any ideas???

...ok...SORTED!

I downloaded and flashed the latest firmware on to my D-Link, determined max MTU for non fragmented packets and adjusted to suit....and hey presto working again!

I am indebted to you guys! I was having to use my 3.5g connection just to book courier collections and it was driving me nuts!

nice one..

w

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12