Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Migrated to Sky and now no Broadband

This is a discussion on Migrated to Sky and now no Broadband within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have migrated across to Sky but the migration date was the 14th Janary 2008, But i am still unable ...

stevieb143 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Migrated to Sky and now no Broadband

I have migrated across to Sky but the migration date was the 14th Janary 2008, But i am still unable to connect to the net via the sky service..

The model is registering a ADSL service of approx 8000kbps Down and 447 Kbps Upstream, but i cannot obtain a IP address from the Sky server.. All it is saying is that the PPP server is down. It has been like this for nearly 3 weeks and Sky are yet to do anything to change this.

So far they have blamed BT over and over again. Saying it is a unusual 2012 Error...

Any others had any probs migrating across?

Or ideas of a way forward

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Migrated to Sky and now no Broadband

It is indeed possible that the BT engineer who switched you over got it wrong, but either way, it's down to Sky to remedy the problem. From BT's perspective, you are not their customer when it comes to broadband, Sky is. So BT will only fix the problem if Sky tell them to. So you can see that Sky simply shrugging their shoulders and saying, "it's a BT problem," just doesn't cut the mustard.

Keep hassling Sky about this, and if they try to fob you off by saying it's all down to BT, point out to them that if that's the case, it's Sky's responsibility to contact BT and get it fixed.

If you really can't get Sky Customer Support to budge from their current position, then you can call 020 7705 3000 and ask for Customer Relations. But only do that if you have exhausted all other avenues. Customer Relations are very good at fixing things, but you need to be able to show that you've tried all the normal channels first, otherwise they'll just transfer you to Broadband Customer Service.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

are you on Connect? if so, there's been a spate of Connect customers getting sync but no IP...seems BT are screwing around again
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

8000kbps Down and 447 Kbps Upstream
      Could be Connect. BT 'at it' again. They really do seem to have their knife into Sky. But as James says, it is up to Sky to get this fixed. I think it is time Sky reported BT to Ofcom.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I am not to sure if it is connect or not to be honest...

I pays me money and get what i get.. I know my local exchange is Sky Enabled.

I am paying the extra 5 per month to get the 8mb service instead of the 2mb service...

I have run the sky tet locally and i am getting Error code 200 all the time.

It is just so frustrating that they have good products but are at the mercy of BT to get the infrastructure fixed.

Thanks

its the upload that makes me say you're on Connect - as normal Mid would say 384 or 416...probably best to confirm with customer services just to be sure as there have been a few coming through with exactly the same issue as you...

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for your input on the BRoadband product, but i am less than 200m form the exchange so i was expecting higher than normal rates..

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

If you are on Connect you will not get much better than 8000kbps even if you lived in the exchange. To get more, up to 16mbps you would have to upgrade to MAX. You have probably opted for Mid, but have been put on Connect until spaces become available in your exchange. Sky should really inform you when they do this. I could be completely wrong and you may already be on Mid, it seems the upstream rate can be set higher than the normal 416.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

it can be set to anything the agent wants tbh (but it should be set to 384/416)...

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I am still without broadband... 5 weeks and counting.. so how long does it take to resolve isues... I was previously on tiscali and had perfect service for 2 years with only 2 hours interuption late 1 evening for equipment upgrades......

Can you pull the plug on the migration and go back to the old provider.. sky are providing me with broadband connect well they are trying to!

same errors as before and downstream set at 8032 upstream at 447.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast