Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Take the Plunge with Sky BB? or Stay With Pipex

This is a discussion on Take the Plunge with Sky BB? or Stay With Pipex within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Think I should have wrote "Take the Pain with Sky BB Sales or stay with Pipex" Roy....

Ronni is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: St Barnabas, EMSTBBS
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Think I should have wrote "Take the Pain with Sky BB Sales or stay with Pipex"

Roy.

2. Advertisement
      CaptainK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Stupidity of the highest order

I signed up for the MAX package last week and told them that I had requested a MAC code from Pipex but would have to wait a few days for an e-mail with the code.

(The Sky e-mail with the BAND number only gave me 5 days to sign up!!! What's that all about?)

They were happy to take the details, set up a Sky e-mail address, etc... and gave me a different number to use when I rang back with the MAC.

So, having waited 4 1/2 workig days for a MAC code from Pipex, I rang them today, and after 6 or so calls with 30+ minutes of being cut off or being on hold, I eventually got through to Pipex Customer Services.

I told the bloke I had requested a MAC code several days ago and hadn't received it yet.

All quite normal. Wait for the punchline...

He tells me that they are sending the codes out by e-mail but unfortunately, they are going out to the e-mail address you give them when you first sign up with them. They are unable to do anything about it at the moment and all Pipex customers are in the same boat if they request a MAC code. When I joined over 2 years ago, I was on BTOpenworld and they'd sent the MAC code to an e-mail addy that had been defunct for 2 1/2 years. He then gave me the code over the phone.

Don't know whether to or

Anyway, phoned Sky with the MAC code, and the operator in Scotland didn't know what I was talking about when I asked about the activation date. I had to explain that it was the date when BT would switch me over to their service. At that point, I really wanted to
      Last edited by CaptainK; 19-09-06 at 08:53 PM.

martyn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I was with Pipex prior to Sky, I rang them to find out how to move my account to my new address & was told that I should just cancel with them then ring back once I'd moved in (at an increased cost because they had ended the package that I was on). However Sky sent me my code in the meantime so it was an easy decision to go with them.

Won't all the major ISP's be in trouble if they don't fall in line with the Sky deal ?

Unregistered Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      hi, I am being activated with sky next week and have also left Pipex. I will register on here next week when I have more time.

Like everyone in this thread I have left Pipex as they are uncompetitive and their customer services are no better than sky anyway.

I regularly have to wait 30 minutes or more for Pipex to connect my calls. For 24 a month I expect better than that. I`ll take my chances if it means a smaller bill and faster speed.

I also rang Pipex and told them my intentions and gave them the opportunity to keep my custom. The best they could offer was to put me on 2MB connection for the same monthly price and give me a new minimum 12 month contract.
      I asked why in gods name would I want to sign a 12 month contract for 24 a month when I can getter faster for less just about everywhere in the country. No response offered so bye bye Pipex!!

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      you won't regret it

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Ronni is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: St Barnabas, EMSTBBS
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I took the Pain with Sky BB Sales in the end & managed to put my Order through!

I ordered through the 0800 number at around 8.00pm & they put me to Sky BB Sales around 25min wait.

Thats not bad considering I waited over in total 4 hours yesterday afternoon.
      I am Happy now

Called Pipex for the MAC code last night, & arrived via email this morning.

Was speaking to bloke at Pipex, & I told him the Pipex Broadband Service is not value for money for me. He replied there maybe changes coming soon on their price structure to compete.

Pipex told me the same thing 8 months ago & nothing happened...

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Good for you Roy I hope you have a smooth change over.

You can bet there are a lot of heads in a lot of ISP's sitting around a lot of tables trying to find a way of stemming the flow of customer from them to SkyBB and other LLU providers.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

CaptainK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      @ Roy....

So my nagging to get off Pipex finally paid off....

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      LOL

And who said nagging never got people anywhere?

Oh wait that was me
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

fly4fun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by CaptainK View Post
      He tells me that they are sending the codes out by e-mail but unfortunately, they are going out to the e-mail address you give them when you first sign up with them. They are unable to do anything about it at the moment and all Pipex customers are in the same boat if they request a MAC code. When I joined over 2 years ago, I was on BTOpenworld and they'd sent the MAC code to an e-mail addy that had been defunct for 2 1/2 years. He then gave me the code over the phone.
      CaptianK, the mail account they send it to is the same id as your ADSL line access. If you log into PIPEX home page you should see a bit were you can access your Pipex email account where the MAC code is sent. I was told it would be 72 working hours. Yes, 72 working hours- so I questioned him on that as that would mean 9 working days!!! Turns out he means 3 working days. As it was I got it in 1 day, but maybe I was lucky and got out before the deluge began!!!

Strange thing was that I was due to go live on the 7th. On the 8th I received an email from them exactly the same as the first one but with the dates changed to the 8th, but it was sent to my NORMAL email account!! Just all part of their great customer dis-service.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast