Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

how do i know if i am on G.DMT or not ?

This is a discussion on how do i know if i am on G.DMT or not ? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi Worcesterman. Well that is a very good outcome. You were wise not to accept the offer to fit the ...

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: how do i know if i am on G.DMT or not ?

Hi Worcesterman.
      Well that is a very good outcome. You were wise not to accept the offer to fit the master, as it stands BT/Openreach are responsible for getting you a nice new drop from the new pole.
      Now when all this takes place, it is common to connect the new line to your old wiring on the outside of your home. Trust me, you don't want that. You want the new line to go from the pole to your new master with no joints. It is o.k to run external wire up to 3 metres inside, so this should be no problem.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Yes the high speed connection you have now requires much better wiring. Think of it this way, you used to have an old Model T Ford which could chug down your farm track quite happily, now you have a Ferrari which catches every bump in the road, which slows it down and even stops it at times.

I am sure, if you are patient and wait till your road (line) is improved, your Ferrari will get into top gear and there will be no holding it back.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

worcesterman47 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: charles street 01905 724
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

hi brian....the engineer said he would fit complete new wire from pole thru to master socket when he does fit it...so no old or joined wires.... hope this works

eyemdee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMMNSFI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterman47 View Post
      FINALLY found the master socket ...
      While you are waitng for the new pole (in my experience it might take a few weeks!) it might be worth trying removal of any wires connected to terminal 3 of your master socket if you haven't already done it.

They are not needed and are a common cause of noise - you might just improve the connection until the Ferrari arrives!!

worcesterman47 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: charles street 01905 724
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

hi guys again...thanks again for the replies i feel a bit more confident now that the new lines will or should improve my position .so ithink i will just sit & wait rather than fiddle around anymore with wires etc ..just one more question if anyone knows here ( or i may post again on a different thread) is there any way of finding out thru the router statistics for instance..how many time thru the day i am getting disconnected ? i know i have used the pc at times and lost connection..but when i am away from the pc i have no idea how many times it has happened as obviously it reconnects itself...if the router statistics can/do record disconnections in any way..where will i find them & how can i work it out ( as obviously it wont be straight forward thanks again in advance

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345