Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Fliters

This is a discussion on Fliters within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; i have just connected to SKY BB and have two SKY + plus boxes one upstairs one Down so i ...

johnboy2727 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Fliters

i have just connected to SKY BB and have two SKY + plus boxes one upstairs one Down so i need to put filters on these and if so where ? Should I connect the filter direct into the SKY + box ?

2. Advertisement
      James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Fliters

Every device, whether it's a telephone, an old-style dial-up modem or a Sky TV box needs to be connected through a filter.

Where the best place to put the filter is, depends on what type of telephone extension cabling you're using, specifically whether you're using "plug-in" type of telephone extension, or one that's actually wired in to the inside the master socket.

Plug-in type extensions are the kind which have a socket at one end and a plug at the other, which plugs into the master socket.