Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Requested sky to re sync my line

This is a discussion on Requested sky to re sync my line within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hy, yesterday i emailed sky and asked them to resync my line This is the email i sent to them: ...

kevhky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0191
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Requested sky to re sync my line

Hy, yesterday i emailed sky and asked them to resync my line

This is the email i sent to them:
      Enquiry:

I am having technical difficulties

Connection

Slow Connection

Hi, Ive recently upgraded to the max package from the mid. When i first joined sky broadband mid i was sycning at aroud 8000kbps then after around 6 weeks it dropped to around 5000kpbs, Now since ive joined max it has increased to 8096kbps. Could you please re sync my connection as i know i can acheive a faster connection (maybe asds+2) as neighbours on the same package are acheiving higher speeds. I look forward to hearing from you. Regards Kevin

This is there response
      Dear Kevin,
      Thank you for contacting Sky Broadband Technical Support.
      We will be able to make the adjustments you request, however can you please perform the following steps first, so that we can adjust your line to the maximum speed possible.

Change the microfilter the Sky Broadband Box is connected to.
      Remove any telephone extension cables.
      Plug your microfilter into the master socket. Your master socket is the point where your phone line enters your house. It is normally near a front or back door or in a hall way.
      Remove any devices that are connected to the phone line e.g. fax machines, digiboxes, cordless phones etc.
      Connect the Sky Broadband Box to your computer via the yellow Ethernet cable if possible .
      C heck whether you have a horizontal line across the centre of your master socket face plate. If you do, then unscrew the two small screws on the front and remove the face plate
      Connect a microfilter to the test socket located on the left hand side behind the section you removed.
      Connect the broadband box into the microfilter via the grey telephone cable

Now i changed my master socket faceplate to ADSL Nation XTE faceplate
      so does this mean i can ignore what they want me to do regarding the above.

Please let me know before i tell them ive carrieed it all out
      Thanks

Kevin

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Requested sky to re sync my line

Plugging into the test socket would give the cleanest set up and enable them to set the line against a "near perfect" connection to the router so may be worth doing temporarily while they do the adjustment.