Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Passed activation date...but no broadband

This is a discussion on Passed activation date...but no broadband within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I passed my activation date (sep 12th) but still have no broadband. Been speaking with tech support all the time ...

Disappointed Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Passed activation date...but no broadband

I passed my activation date (sep 12th) but still have no broadband. Been speaking with tech support all the time and after 'successful' line tests they said the problem lies with BT, who could take up to 48 WORKING HOURS to sort it out (this was said on Fri 15th). So am waiting with no chance of getting feedback. Yesterday, the green i lit up for the first time, although I was told that no work will be done on weekends. So I rushed to try it out, I was online, speed was crap, and service seemed to be cutting out. This morning the green i is off again, so I can only assume that something is being done to sort it out (I hope). Does anyone else have the problem of no internet (green i remain off on router) although line is supposedly active and some mysterious fault that BT is supposedly going to sort out... I wish I'd waited...

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site Disappointed

Please do register with us we don't bite honest and it will make life a lot easier for people to follow your posts thanks.

Yes a lot of people have reported that kind of problem and I myself had the same thing and it was the Openreach engineer in my exchange fixing whatever it was they mess up the first time.

You maybe able to find some more information in this post FAQ for Sky broadband - Please read first!
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

kkhalil76 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Thanks Wheelie, just registered as somehow I think that even when I do go online, that won't be the end of it.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well you never know I have had no problems since I got may phone and ADSL back last Tuesday.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Angry

This is getting rediculous, still no broadband, they have no clue at all. Spend ages calling tech support, 56 mins on hold to get through to tier 3, they do their tests, and blame it on BT, so BT has to sort 'it' out, no clue when, 'they'll tell us when it's done and we'll tell you'.... This really sucks, no one is accountable, there isn't even anyone to tell me what the problem is and if it's being taken care of. I wish I never switched from Orange.

zygoticsheep is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Your not the only one!

I have exactly the same problem!

Reported problem last week and they passed the problem to BT. An engineer came around on Monday unannounced and left a message saying he needed to test inside and could I call to arrange an appoint. After numerous calls to Sky they're trying to arrange another time but its so far taken longer to arrange a revisit than the first initial visit.

Mean while still no Internet.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site zygoticsheep

Sorry to see you are having BTW grief as well

Yes BT are good at doing that or claiming to have called you from the exchange once they think they have fixed a problem but they don't call they just log that they have.
      Ray

click here

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Good luck. I've had no reply, no feedback, no engineer, nothing. All I hear is, we've let BT know, they need to deal with it, they won't give us feedback until it's sorted out, and then we'll tell you. As if it's my problem that BT won't give them any feedback or progress update or timeline.