Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Please help - might need to cancel broadband

This is a discussion on Please help - might need to cancel broadband within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all I need some advice. A while back I posted on here (which is below) about an issue I ...

floydiohead is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bayswater
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Please help - might need to cancel broadband

Hi all

I need some advice. A while back I posted on here (which is below) about an issue I have: My connection date to sky broadband was 16th of Jan, and it's still not connected.

My issue has been put up to tier 3, who have apparently escalated it to BT so that they can do something in the exchange, but anyway, this is what's happened.

Last week, they said "we've given BT 5 days to complete the work, and once it's done we'll call you back". 5 days pass, no internet, no phonecall. So I call them again and as usual have to go through tier 1 to get to tier 3 and they just tell me that tier 3 wont accept the call, and that they have given BT 5 days and they will call me. But this has already happened!

Im completely stuck here and am having a nightmare - do I have any scope to cancel this? I have been in contract with them for about 2 weeks now but I haven't yet received any service from them. What can I do?

Cheers

[original message below]

Hi All

I recently ordered sky mid broadband, with my activation date being 16th Jan.

Since then, I have not been able to receive a connection, and this is even after waiting the three days after the activation date as sky recommend.

Whatever I try, I cannot get the router to sync with the line. All of the physical setup is definitely correct, and I am currently in touch with Tier 3 customer service. They tried a few things on the line last night and still couldn't get it working. I think I have ruled out a faulty router too, because when I try my old BT router on there, even though that obviously wont work with the net as the user/pass is wrong, it wont sync either.

The problem is, that according to sky, everything on the line is fine - the BT tag has completely been removed, and sky is on there. I phoned BT who confirmed this. Sky have done all of the tests at the exchange etc and they say it is all fine. I am positive however that it is a problem with the line. I had BT broadband for a year without any problem at all, so I don't see how there can be a problem now, but there is! Can anyone shed any light?

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Please help - might need to cancel broadband

it depends exactly what's been said and what BT actually have to do...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Maybe I am being cynical, but this looks like another BT attempt to persuade users not to go to Sky. Surely Sky have enough 'clout' to insist that BT fix their errors immediately and not wait till they have an engineer doing nothing else?

The recent incidence of Connect customers being incorrectly connected is another case in point, BT should be forced to correct these immediately, not be allowed to take an 'after 5 days maybe we will do it' attitude.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

floydiohead is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bayswater
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for the replies.

The main problem I have is that I just don't have any faith that this will be sorted by giving BT time to do whatever it is that needs doing. I guess if sky would tell me exactly what the deal is, what BT need to do and that it will then be sorted that would help, but the people I need to speak to are refusing to speak to me!

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Your contract doesn't start until you are connected and active
      I am not posting officially on behalf of Sky. I am posting individual thoughts and advice.
      Sky Broadband Provisioning: 08705 515 515 - Option 1, Option 1, Option 3